By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lumia 920 or Iphone 5 for gaming?

I'm really confused about whether to get the Iphone 5 or the Lumia 920. I'm not really concerned with the features of each phone, but mainly care about the games on each OS. The Iphone 5 must have more games, but Windows phones have some Xbox games, so is the gaming better on the Windows phone? I do own an Xbox 360 so perhaps its better I get the Windows phone? I won't consider Android phones cause Android games suck. I have used a Lumia 920 and do like the feel of the OS, but don't wanna buy it if the games suck on it. So which phone should I get? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Don't forget Xperia phones, well if you go AT&T. They have PlayStation Mobile, which tie to your SEN/PSN account. Vita has PSM, and I'd bet PS4 will too. Trophy support is in the works as well. Other wise HTC phones should be getting PSM as well, but I'm not sure when or which ones will be PlayStation certified.

I know, it's an android phone, but what are your expectations for mobile games? I'm pretty sure iPhone and Android are on par for quality and content now.

I don't know much about windows phones, but unless Xbox steps it up windows phones will be the worst of the three options, meaning if they do it could be quite the contender.

So you have:

Apple. Large growing library of games. Closed system, quality assurance.

Android: Equivalent or lag behind Apple; Open system. Xperia phones (soon HTC) have access to PS Mobile games which is a new still trying to grow open system app store similar to Android itself but with Sony quality assurance. (a mix between Apple and Google's approach)

Windows Phone: Not really sure but a relatively new app store, closed system?? with quality assurance?? Xbox integration, which I'm not sure if that means games that use your XBL account, games that you can get on an Xbox too?, or what Microsoft's plans are in the future for it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Get a Galaxy SIII or a Galaxy Note 2

I love how the very first person is trying to sell you a playstation phone lmao

Get the Lumia 920. It ties in with you XBL account and is an excellent picture phone. It also has microsoft office and in genral is just a very nice phone. It is also a good conversation starter as people always want to see a windows phone because it isn't as known as androids or IOS's

اللوميا ما فيه الا العاب قليلة جداً .. اذا تبي العاب اندرويد او ايفون و انا افضل الايفون

Around the Network

iPhone 5 for everything.

Chark said:

Don't forget Xperia phones, well if you go AT&T. They have PlayStation Mobile, which tie to your SEN/PSN account. Vita has PSM, and I'd bet PS4 will too. Trophy support is in the works as well. Other wise HTC phones should be getting PSM as well, but I'm not sure when or which ones will be PlayStation certified.

I know, it's an android phone, but what are your expectations for mobile games? I'm pretty sure iPhone and Android are on par for quality and content now.

I don't know much about windows phones, but unless Xbox steps it up windows phones will be the worst of the three options, meaning if they do it could be quite the contender.

So you have:

Apple. Large growing library of games. Closed system, quality assurance.

Android: Equivalent or lag behind Apple; Open system. Xperia phones (soon HTC) have access to PS Mobile games which is a new still trying to grow open system app store similar to Android itself but with Sony quality assurance. (a mix between Apple and Google's approach)

Windows Phone: Not really sure but a relatively new app store, closed system?? with quality assurance?? Xbox integration, which I'm not sure if that means games that use your XBL account, games that you can get on an Xbox too?, or what Microsoft's plans are in the future for it.

I currently own an Android phone, but the games aren't very good. Like, their isn't much variety. 

Xperia phones look awesome, but again, since they are Android phones, the games aren't good. 

I think Windows phone is a closed system. 

kain_kusanagi said:
Get a Galaxy SIII or a Galaxy Note 2

I own the Galaxy SII, and although its an excellent phone, games on Android are boring and usually poor quailty. Also, the battery life fluctuates sometimes which is annoying, but otherwise its a really good phone. Those are the only things that are preventing me from purchasing the SIII. 

IPhone.. The support from game developers is unmatched..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

JayWood2010 said:
I love how the very first person is trying to sell you a playstation phone lmao

Get the Lumia 920. It ties in with you XBL account and is an excellent picture phone. It also has microsoft office and in genral is just a very nice phone. It is also a good conversation starter as people always want to see a windows phone because it isn't as known as androids or IOS's

Yeah the phone looked very nice, and the OS looks much nicer than boring iOS but if they're not enough games then I'll get bored with the phone after a few weeks.