Forums - PC Discussion - Getting a gaming laptop

I'm not sure what those pc tablet things were but I remember seeing vid of one playing crysis at a high setting. Not sure what they are called.

And about the Carrefour UAE website, they show the specs, and I compared it to the higher priced Msi laptop which costs a rediculous 14999 AED or $4083 US dollars. I looked at the graphics card which happened to be an inferior one compared to the one Ive mentioned in the op which is why I'm so tempted.

I wish there were proper computer shops around here that weren't so hidden >.

Around the Network

I say spend $2000 on a decent gaming desktop, no holds barred.
Then buy a cheap AMD trinity notebook for about $500, you would be surprised how well those IGP's play games at 720P when backed with decent speedy RAM.

When I was a notebook gamer years ago it was amazing how fast I replaced systems for more gaming performance, it was literally a money sink. - However PC gaming was moving at a frantic pace back in those days where you needed a new GPU almost every 12 months, it's not that bad these days thankfully, unless you want 120hz, Triple Monitor etc'.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'm so done with these computer advice threads.

I'll leave the collective 'you' in the hands of people with way too much money to spend and who think everyone enjoys overclocking or messing with multi-GPU drivers.

That's way too much to spend on a laptop for gaming, and it's a bit big to be portable. Make sure you have your priorities straight, and first on the list should be build quality, then noise and system heat.

Soleron said:

I'll leave the collective 'you' in the hands of people with way too much money to spend and who think everyone enjoys overclocking or messing with multi-GPU drivers.

Funny. I never stated anything about overclocking or multiple graphics cards in this thread.

Rage much?
Besides. I work hard for my money and I shall spend it the way I want!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Soleron said:

Funny. I never stated anything about overclocking or multiple graphics cards in this thread.

Rage much?
Besides. I work hard for my money and I shall spend it the way I want!

It's not just you, and it's not just this thread. And I am getting out for my own sanity mostly.

Great specs but i'm pretty sure you can get a desktop with the same specs for half that.

Thanks for the replies people. Thought more about it and decided to get it as I couldn't find a better laptop here. Enjoying it so far! Only tried crysis and it looks stunning! Haven't said "wow" out loud in a while! (I've played crysis on low settings before on my old but dead laptop with a small screen xD now playing in 1080p full everything its like magic :p). In due time I'll buy a desktop (or build one) but not just yet :)