By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - {DATABASE} "An Unbiased review" - Bravely Default, Yakuza 3, Max, and Tearaway added

GTAV Review Added http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169913

Analysis

This game is fun, chaotic, and with a superb story.  It is also a game that could benefit with being released on PC though.  The graphics can be improved but for such a big city it is also forgiven.  The multiplayer can have annoyances but is vastly fun with friends and the story is must see.  With this big of a release and this big of a game it earns all the praise it has been getting.

Gameplay 9.5
Sandbox Genre 10
Multiplayer 9
Graphics 9
Story 10
Overall  9.5

Around the Network

Pokemon XY Review Up

Analysis

From what has probably been GameFreak’s most anticipated game in years it has both met my expectations and blown them away.  With a dismal story but a near perfect game in every other aspect from its addicting gameplay to its highly strategic online you will have hours and hours with your pocket monsters.

Category Rating Positive Negative
Singleplayer 8 Adult/Kid Friendly No emotional Drive
Gameplay 10 Highly Addicting No Difficult Settings
Multiplayer 9.5 Super Strategic No 6vs6 Random Battles
Artstyle 9 Charming/adorable Not Full 3D
Jrpg 10 700+ monsters Low Supply of New Monsters
Overall 9.3 Superb Game  

Killer Instinct Review Added

I'm just posting how I review stuff here.

When people look at review scores from journalists, they look at a six and automatically think it's a poor game. So it's got people to think that 7, 8, 9, and 10, are the only numbers worth looking at when it comes to reviews. So anyways, take 3/5 or 6/10.

Starting with the five point system. 3/5 is in the complete center and I consider it a good game as such. 2.5/5 is exactly half, so it means that the game at 3/.5 has reached the top half level of quality. So 6/10 is the same, it's reached that top half level of quality, and from there, you get better.

What's the point in having a 1/10-5/10 if they're going to sit there unused? When 99% of the games are between 6/10 and 10/10, what am I saying when I say yet another game is a 7/10 because I don't feel it deserves higher numbers.

It varies between high and low games, but add one or two points to inflate the number if you want my opinion based on how journalists might do it. I don't purposefully score them several points lower, I look at what I consider the lower average of a good game, 3/5, 6/10, and whether that category is better or worse.

Here's what I think about each rating.

6-10 are varying differences of good.
4-5 is that it's got some good qualities, but there's an overall issue with it.
2-3 is it's kind of bad.
1 is bad.

I've since redone how I'm reviewing them as well.

Gameplay is a culmination of the main gameplay and how enjoyable it is to play..

Design. In an RPG it might be the world design, level design of stages in platformers or strategy games. Basically a part of the game that goes along with the gameplay and may be a part of gameplay itself.

Presentation. How the game presents itself. Story is the major focus but also incorporates graphics and audio which won't add any points but will only remove a point or more if the graphics or audio disrupt gameplay. Bugs and glitches. It might also include stuff like the games backstory or other such items that.

Balance. Partially the games balancing feature but also weight to certain aspects of the game. Let's say the game is gameplay focused. The score will start at the exact same score as the gameplay and then lose or possibly add a point from there. If the game is story focused, it will start atleast the same but possibly higher since I could lower presentation for other reasons.

I'll add this post to the top of each review so you guys can read it.

Ryse: Son of Rome Review Added and Kupomogli's FFXIII Review http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173032

Around the Network

*REQUEST* to add "Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus" into the database!!!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173101&page=1#4

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Updated with PS3-Sales! Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Review http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173101&page=1#4

my gods, it's been a long time since I was in here the last time!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

Yepp, this thread has almost been up for a years now xD

JayWood2010 said:
DanneSandin said:

Yepp, this thread has almost been up for a years now xD

well, congratulations on that! :D I also left you a comment on one of your video reviews

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.