By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create

VGKing said:
Ucell said:
Damn those Vita sales are TERRIBLE. Vita needs MH real quickly.

I'm sure it'll get one eventually. Maybe not in 2013 since 3DS is getting MH4, so 2014?

2014 would be too late. By then the Vita will be dead in Japan. Also, I'm sure Nintendo will do everything they can to keep the Vita from getting it.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
Vita has its first pre holiday anniversary. Sales down over 70% and only one title in the top 30.

Wow.

How is that surprising? Its Japanese support is virtually non-existant. PSP is the one getting all that Japanese love.

Where did I say it's surprising. 

The "Wow." at the end implies some sort of shock or surprise.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Train wreck said:
N-Magic said:
Nintendomintation at it’s finest. The Wii U will pick up in the coming months with Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101 coming soon. Excellent start for Wii U.

Dont know how people can be so delusional.  Monster hunter is already out and its out the top 30.  Those games you mentioned are not system sellers. and its selling half of what the Wii did in the same time period for this week.

Well, it's really hard to predict sales right now, isn't it? The Wii U is selling decently - just inbetween horrible and crazy. When something sells as low as the Vita it's hard to predict something like "its sales will explode next year!" and it's hard to predict something to bomb if it does Wii-like numbers. But Wii U sales are currently in that grey zone inbetween where things could go either way. I wouldn't expect it to sell more than 10m units LT in Japan and I sure as hell don't expect it to get any serious 3rd party support (rather Nintendo securing games by making deals with publishers and developers) but it doesn't need to sell crazy to become a healthy platform for Nintendo. 10m LT sales sounds like a realistic goal to me. The japanese home console market has been in decline for years now and we should adjust our expectations accordingly. 

nintendo destroying everything in it path

Joaco <3 N64 said:
osed125 said:
Train wreck said:
N-Magic said:
Nintendomintation at it’s finest. The Wii U will pick up in the coming months with Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101 coming soon. Excellent start for Wii U.

Dont know how people can be so delusional.  Monster hunter is already out and its out the top 30.  Those games you mentioned are not system sellers. and its selling half of what the Wii did in the same time period for this week.

Not sure why a lot of people expected Monster Hunter on the Wii U to be a massive success. According to VGC, the only console Monster Hunter game to pass the 1m mark in Japan is Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, so I'm not really all that surprise. Monster Hunter 4 will a whole different story.

Isn't Monster Hunter for the Wii the first MH game for a home console after the Japansese went crazy over the franchise?

Anyways this is like the fourth or fifth MH 3 game, so major big sales weren't expected, were they?

Indeed, no big sales were expected, except from ryuzaki57 who would spin this to satisfy his WiiU hate agenda.

Good numbers all around, and the best thing is that we still have two more weeks of decent sales thanks to the japanese buying patterns.

Seriously, AC is doing some insane numbers! And, ....

15./13. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 38.586 / 330.977 (+56%)
17./14. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 34.101 / 316.724 (+77%)

Around the Network
carlos3189 said:

Omg, really? Now everything has to be at Wii levels to sell good? Do u know it is selling way better than the PS3 (and obviously,  360) in the same time period?... Idk about ur logic but it is looking very good for the U in Japan!

How good is selling compared to the ther consoles? I know is selling better than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but how much better?, also I know is selling worst than the Wii, but how much worst?

Can someone help us with a comparison table? or a chart with the first 10 weeks aligned? thanks in advance.

flagstaad said:
carlos3189 said:

Omg, really? Now everything has to be at Wii levels to sell good? Do u know it is selling way better than the PS3 (and obviously,  360) in the same time period?... Idk about ur logic but it is looking very good for the U in Japan!

How good is selling compared to the ther consoles? I know is selling better than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but how much better?, also I know is selling worst than the Wii, but how much worst?

Can someone help us with a comparison table? or a chart with the first 10 weeks aligned? thanks in advance.

Superchunk has you covered in this thread, he updates it each week.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151051&page=1#

BlkPaladin said:

Superchunk has you covered in this thread, he updates it each week.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151051&page=1#

I was hoping for a region based chart (or a japanese one) but that will do, thanks a lot.

smbu2000 said:

Well it is past midnight, so I was able to go and pick up the games I reserved.

This one for my girlfriend (along with the pre-order bonus pair character strap.)

This one for me. I'm not sure if it'll be good, but it has art by Yoshitaka Amano and music from Nobuo Uematsu! It was also co-developed with Brownie Brown! Wow, I had to get it. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_Brown )

Wow, that last game has me real interested since I'm a Harvest moon fan. I may have to pick up a 3ds real soon to play this. The boxart is lovely <3

Train wreck said:
N-Magic said:

News flash!

It's never going to sell Wii numbers.

So, in your mind, does that make it a "failure".

Just wondering.