By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 3 worst games of 2012 you saw/played

So what's the absolute worst 3 games you have seen or played this year?

Normally obviously it would only make sense to make a statement about a game once you have played it, but most of us would probably avoid crappy games given the choice. That is why seeing is also an option in this case to make a comment. To me personally, several games stood out as utter mess among all the releases of 2012. They are as follows and why:

3) Dragonball Z Kinect: This game is on the list because I actually cared for it. I WANTED so bad for this game to be good, but having played DBZ BT3 on the Wii, I knew there would need to be a miracle for this game to actually deliver on its promise. And as expected its bad, just so horribly bad. The graphics are pretty much a copy-paste from Ultimate Tenkaichi, the character count is small compared to previous games, there are very few game modes, and above all the gameplay just flat out sucks.

2) Call of Duty Declassified: I seriously don't understand why Nihillistic software makes all these FPS games for the Vita. Why not hand it in to someone more capable, if not the original developers like Treyarch/IW? This game was one reason I actually thought having a Vita would be cool because I'm a huge COD fan and taking COD on the go would be frikin crazy. But this game is now the reason I've pretty much lost hope in the Vita. Ironic. Good thing there is one shining light at the end of this dark tunnel: Persona 4 Golden, which is my new reason to get a Vita someday.

1) Steel Batallion: I'm going to confess a secret to everyone. A deep and dark secret that I've kept hidden for years. When I bought the 360 about 3 years ago, the main reason I bought it over the PS3 was because the 360 was getting Natal (as it was so called back then) and the PS3 was getting copy-pasta Wii motion control tech that I already had. Yes I chose the 360 over PS3 for Kinect (I was young and the young are fools), and having gotten the PS3 recently I realised I could have had an experience that is much more tailored to my needs, and missed out on a crap ton of great exclusive games. This unplayable mess along with all the horrendous Kinect games that come out is just like rubbing Sodium Chloride on an open wound which my platelets can never get to, and it doesn't feel good at all.

Around the Network

3.star wars kinect
2.steel batallion
1.dragon ball z kinect

can't help but notice each game is a kinect game

I respect the OP for keeping it real, but honestly. I felt that most gamers should have seen all this coming a MILE away. DBZ?? Holy crap, i knew that was gonna suck without even playing it, which i did at comiccon and surprise it sucked.

oniyide said:
I respect the OP for keeping it real, but honestly. I felt that most gamers should have seen all this coming a MILE away. DBZ?? Holy crap, i knew that was gonna suck without even playing it, which i did at comiccon and surprise it sucked.

The reason why I had high hopes from DBZ was because I played and enjoyed the living daylights out of BT3 back in the day on the Wii. Without the motion controls, it was an amazing fighting game and what I really wanted at the end of the day was them to release BT3 in HD with good online play (which they also f-ed up by not releasing it with the Budokai HD collection), because that to me would be the ultimate dbz game. Actual working motion controls as a side addition to the standard controls for certain moves would be interesting.

there were no bad games for me this year, but there also weren't any good ones...a very dull and underwhelming year

Around the Network

2012 was a damn good year in terms of the quality of the games I've played, but I guess these three stood out:

Dragonball Z: Kinect

COD: Black Ops 2

Papo and Yo

Dishonorable mention to White Knight Chronicles 2 (such a disappointment).

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Player1x3 said:
there were no bad games for me this year, but there also weren't any good ones...a very dull and underwhelming year

Pretty much this. The only really good game I played this year imo was Borderlands 2, the rest weren't bad nor great, just average. But there are a lot of games I missed this year like Xenoblade and Journey for example, so I'm probably not the best person to judge.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I only played one game I hated this year

Soul Caliber 5

black ops 2. what a piece of shit!!! honestly how did it even get an 80+ metacritic?

diablo 3

worst game of the year.
worst game of the gen.
biggest let down ever.