By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U :ascent

Since its debut last month, Nintendo’s new Wii U console has surpassed the launch sales of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

In a span of four weeks of being on the market, Nintendo has sold over 1.8 million Wii U consoles. In that same amount of time, Microsoft sold 940,000 Xbox 360 consoles, and Sony shipped 540,000 PlayStation 3 consoles.

Around the Network

But...but...but Nintendo is DOOMED?!

And that's despite having only two Nintendo developed titles at launch.

This is only the beginning.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

And that's despite having only two Nintendo developed titles at launch.

This is only the beginning.

Yeah! thats true

Honestly, I'm really not much for comparing launch numbers one way or another since we're very often dealing with supply constraints. I'd much rather just say that it's doing pretty well and leave the comparisons for further down the line. Let's get beyond the early adopters first.

Around the Network

Sony shipped that many but how many did they sell to consumers? did they sell so few that we have to count shipped numbers? lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

pokoko said:
Honestly, I'm really not much for comparing launch numbers one way or another since we're very often dealing with supply constraints. I'd much rather just say that it's doing pretty well and leave the comparisons for further down the line. Let's get beyond the early adopters first.

just i say the truth!?

Doesn't matter what the facts say, Nintendo will always be doomed.

Nintendo is not domed.

LilChicken22 said:
Doesn't matter what the facts say, Nintendo will always be doomed.

Domed or not, Numbers tell the truth