By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me or is Square just not getting the memo?

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/va815j/lightning-returns--final-fantasy-xiii-the-final-journey-trailer

I want them to prepare themselves spiritually for the worst selling Final Fantasy of all time. The demand for FF13 is gradually dropping off of the face of the earth. They are forcing the ship to sink further with thtis pretentious crap. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
Will be lucky to get over 2m combined sales, yeah. PS3 version will probably sell between 1m and 1.5m while the 360 version will sell 300-400k

Somewhere Sakaguchi is laughing in a dark corner. Final Fantasy must change for the better or else next gens FF after Nova Crystallis will put SquareEnix through some serious pain. Square doesnt have much left, their only titles will be Enix properties (which just sounds wrong).

If they can make a profit on continued FF13 sequels why shouldn't they do them? If anything they're wrong to stop after three.

I don't get it. With XIII-2, square basically adressed all of the grievances ppl had with the original. I'm almost %100 certain that they have made money off of the first two installments and will do so with part 3. That having been said, XIII is one of the best games in the series and XIII-2 destroys most games that are not main installments.

Lightning Returns is Day 1 for me.

Soon Final Fantasy could actually be the final fantasy..... I guess its what it was originally made to be. A sad day when that happens. I haven't played a SE game since Crisis Core years ago... I've been meaning to pick up ffXIII but from word of mouth I've heard its terrible. I'm playing Lost Odyssey now and it's restoring my faith in the jrpg genre. Haven't played ffXII either though.... Damn.

Around the Network

Saleswise and according to this very site, the Final Fantasy 13 games are currently standing in 7th (XIII, PS3), 12th (XII-2,PS3), 15th (XIII, 360) and 32nd place (XIII-2, 360) out of a list of more than 100 FF titles.

If you combine the sales of both PS3 and XBOX, both Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 would be in the top 10 best selling FF games so far, in 4th and 10th positions respectively.

So yes, I'd say they got the memo, and the memo said 13 makes money.

Final Fantasy died a long time ago.

At least XIII had some of the magic of the series. XIII-2, not so much... Well, at least judging by the demo it didn't have any. It seems they fixed everything that was wrong with XIII at the cost of everything that was good, and they seem to be doing the same with this.

FluffyVonPuba said:

Saleswise and according to this very site, the Final Fantasy 13 games are currently standing in 7th (XIII, PS3), 12th (XII-2,PS3), 15th (XIII, 360) and 32nd place (XIII-2, 360) out of a list of more than 100 FF titles.

If you combine the sales of both PS3 and XBOX, both Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 would be in the top 10 best selling FF games so far, in 4th and 10th positions respectively.

So yes, I'd say they got the memo, and the memo said 13 makes money.

Wait for the next game. You will be sorely dissappointed. They aren't listening to people when they are saying quit 13, work on versus.

pezus said:
Will be lucky to get over 2m combined sales, yeah. PS3 version will probably sell between 1m and 1.5m while the 360 version will sell 300-400k

considering the:

-small production of the game,

-the re-used gfx engine

-the fact this is not a main line

2 mil is a great, have some perspective guys. you can't pretent like it's the 90s and still demand Square to get your "memo"