By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - An N64 Game Remake on the 3DS? Which Title Would be best?

KHlover said:
F0X said:
Paper Mario and Majora's Mask. Don't see the point in any other remakes. I barely see the point of remakes in general.

Not everyone has been a gamer for as long as most people on this side, so remakes CAN make sense. However, a rerelease like Virtual Console for a fair price seems to make more sense most of the time^^

I think only the very best, most popular games might warrant a remake. There must be a large enough audience willing to either buy a newer version of a game they've already played, or are willing to try a classic game not in its original form. Clearly Ocarina of Time has a huge fanbase, and there wasn't much competition on the 3DS when it was released. There are already game engines available for potential Majora's Mask and Paper Mario remakes, and they're pretty safe bets all-around. Everything else can be re-released digitally without nearly as much effort.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Superman 64 so we can fly through rings and experience real fog with the 3D effect!

If unfortunately that doesn`t become real i can always accept: Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, Turok 2, Wave Race, Glover and Jet Force Gemini (because i never played them).

F0X said:
KHlover said:
F0X said:
Paper Mario and Majora's Mask. Don't see the point in any other remakes. I barely see the point of remakes in general.

Not everyone has been a gamer for as long as most people on this side, so remakes CAN make sense. However, a rerelease like Virtual Console for a fair price seems to make more sense most of the time^^

I think only the very best, most popular games might warrant a remake. There must be a large enough audience willing to either buy a newer version of a game they've already played, or are willing to try a classic game not in its original form. Clearly Ocarina of Time has a huge fanbase, and there wasn't much competition on the 3DS when it was released. There are already game engines available for potential Majora's Mask and Paper Mario remakes, and they're pretty safe bets all-around. Everything else can be re-released digitally without nearly as much effort.

/sign

You lost me when you said Majoras doesnt interest you.....

Hybrid heaven
Ogre battle64
Aidyn chronicles
ISS

NoirSon said:
Of Nintendo's titles, I like to see F-Zero X get the 3D treatment on the 3DS personally.

But I'd also like to see a enhanced remake of Blast Corps.

Actually, I forgot, what could really use a remake would be Sin & Punishment: Successors of Earth. Cleaning up some of the graphics plus adding a 3D effect would make for a great game.

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
NoirSon said:
Of Nintendo's titles, I like to see F-Zero X get the 3D treatment on the 3DS personally.

But I'd also like to see a enhanced remake of Blast Corps.

Actually, I forgot, what could really use a remake would be Sin & Punishment: Successors of Earth. Cleaning up some of the graphics plus adding a 3D effect would make for a great game.

Really good game!! I've play the sequel as well, too bad not too many people know of that game

Conkers Bad Fur Day, imagine shit flying right at your face.

That won't happen, so Ogre Battle 64.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Waverace. The water and physics are still good and the game could benefit from the 3D effect.

KHlover said:
Chandler said:
Well I wouldn't be opposed to another Mario 64, but a real remake this time. Higher polygon models and better textures, along with a 3D effect as good as the one from 3D Land. Maybe some additional levels, too.

Other games to consider would be Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Wave Race, F-Zero X, Blast Corps, Snowboard Kids, Bomberman 64, Extreme-G, Mischief Makers and Turok.

Does that mean you wouldn´t consider SM64DS a "real" remake? Of course the DS was pretty limited technically, but the inclusion of 3 new characters who each play totally different, 30 new stars (150 instead of 120) and a few new levels (from what I have read, I don´t possess the game myself) should be enough to call it a remake?! 

I haven't played the DS game and thus didn't know that there were substantial additions. Anyway, I still think another remake with better visuals, 3d effect and most important, circle pad and circle pad pro support would be a good thing. I haven't played the game in 14 years so I wouldn't mind going back to a significantly improved version of the game.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
KHlover said:
Chandler said:
Well I wouldn't be opposed to another Mario 64, but a real remake this time. Higher polygon models and better textures, along with a 3D effect as good as the one from 3D Land. Maybe some additional levels, too.

Other games to consider would be Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Wave Race, F-Zero X, Blast Corps, Snowboard Kids, Bomberman 64, Extreme-G, Mischief Makers and Turok.

Does that mean you wouldn´t consider SM64DS a "real" remake? Of course the DS was pretty limited technically, but the inclusion of 3 new characters who each play totally different, 30 new stars (150 instead of 120) and a few new levels (from what I have read, I don´t possess the game myself) should be enough to call it a remake?! 

I haven't played the DS game and thus didn't know that there were substantial additions. Anyway, I still think another remake with better visuals, 3d effect and most important, circle pad and circle pad pro support would be a good thing. I haven't played the game in 14 years so I wouldn't mind going back to a significantly improved version of the game.

I agree with every game you chose but TBH mario 64 is good! The DS is a remake plus more! The 3DS can just play it so I rather have another game that deserve it IMO