By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Worst Moves in History (Nintendo)

curl-6 said:
- The virtual boy
- Going with cartridges for the N64
- Practically abandoning the Wii in 2011
- Not launching the Wii U with a game that really showed off its muscle

About the Wii U, i wished they did put a game that shows it true potential! ZombiU is good but a 1st party like Metroid!!! That would of shown the gamepad to its max peak. Nintendoland shows off its multiplayer though nicely!

Around the Network
killer7 said:
@selnor
It is sad that still people think (wish) the WiiU is weaker than the PS3! But i would not bash the WiiU too hard:

http://gamingbolt.com/sce-executive-ps4-may-not-have-better-graphics-than-the-ps3

I am NOT a fanboy- i own every Playstation console!

Wait what?

Dude your quoting the wrong person. I said its more powerful. I just made the point its nowhere near moree powerful enough. PS4 will be much more powerful than PS3. Any article saying otherwise is wrong with no basis. Sony will not attack Nintendo witout power. Nintendo would kill Sony with Software. Sony would die a horrible death.

Sorry but those who bought PS3 tis gen are ( from forums info ) extremely interested in grraphics as much as IP's. Not having great power would make it their llast console. OF that I'm sure. Teir Smash bros cone shows in sales that they cannot play the software game. Imagine GT6 versus Forza 5 if GT6 looked  severley worse. It would lose sales. Massively. Especially considering Forza 5's physics would eat GT6 alive because SOny went for less power. 

Not gonna happen.

selnor said:
killer7 said:
@selnor
It is sad that still people think (wish) the WiiU is weaker than the PS3! But i would not bash the WiiU too hard:

http://gamingbolt.com/sce-executive-ps4-may-not-have-better-graphics-than-the-ps3

I am NOT a fanboy- i own every Playstation console!

Wait what?

Dude your quoting the wrong person. I said its more powerful. I just made the point its nowhere near moree powerful enough. PS4 will be much more powerful than PS3. Any article saying otherwise is wrong with no basis. Sony will not attack Nintendo witout power. Nintendo would kill Sony with Software. Sony would die a horrible death.

Sorry but those who bought PS3 tis gen are ( from forums info ) extremely interested in grraphics as much as IP's. Not having great power would make it their llast console. OF that I'm sure. Teir Smash bros cone shows in sales that they cannot play the software game. Imagine GT6 versus Forza 5 if GT6 looked  severley worse. It would lose sales. Massively. Especially considering Forza 5's physics would eat GT6 alive because SOny went for less power. 

Not gonna happen.

So you're saying Sony will follow the strategy that got them 3rd place (moar power) rather than the one that got them 1st place twice (software).  Their marketing is the only thing that needs fixed.  Heavy Rain, LBP, R&C, Resistance, Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, Warhawk, GoW, GT, Heavenly Sword, Journey, Flower, Unfinished Swan, Fat Princess, and now Last of Us, Beyond, Sly, NiNoKuni and Puppeteer coming could easily compete with Mario, LoZ, DK, Kirby, Metroid, and SSB if as many people would try out the games.  The disadvantage of switching franchises and coming out with such a wide variety of exclusives so often is none of them become mega franchises like Mario because they simply aren't around long enough.  I love Nintendo and Sony and will buy WiiU and PS4 but I like Playstation's first party more and am absolutely pissed that I never saw a commercial for Heavy Rain or Twisted or a Resistance 3 ad that actually showed gameplay.  Their marketing is terrible and it results in less people getting these amazing experiences they're offering.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

@selnor

"Not having great power would make it their last console"- We all now the Wii was the last console of nintendo wich was a horrible flopp wich just sold lousy 100 million consoles ! The WiiU does only exist in our minds :)
I do not want to start a flamewar here! But if even the vice president of Sony Spain and Portugal said this, i would not expect too much! I think people who think the PSC (PSCenter- new rumored name) is gonna be 10 Times the PS3 will be heavily disapointed! Sony made huge losses, they cannot afford another monster like the PS3! I am NOT saying that i am right, i just say that there is absolutly NO evidence that the PS4 will be the powerhouse, people are expecting!

PS: Sorry perhaps i really quoted the wrong person! Shame on ME!

1. Demoting Gunpei Yokoi

2. Dumping Sony's CD addon and pushing them into the console market.

3. Releasing the Virtual Boy

4. Refusing to us CDs on the N64

5. Gimping the Virtual Boy

Around the Network

Not using CD's for N64(Although the string of CD-based flops i could understand why they did not)
Not keeping the rights to Rare's games when they sold them to Microsoft

- No CD drive in the N64
- Gamecube sales
- Alienating 3rd party devs and "core gamers" with the Wii
- 3DS hardware

-Endless recycling of characters and games without adding much new the last few years.

-No blood in Mortal Kombat for the SNES

-No backlight in the GameBoy Advance

-No CD for the N64 resulting in some games costing a small fortune and lost 3rd party support

-Not going HD with the Wii in 2006 (!)

-Not adding the second analog stick to the 3DS XL/LL

-Only marginally outperforming the PS360 seven years after the fact with the Wii U

-Friend Codes

-GameBoy Micro

brendude13 said:
- No CD drive in the N64
- Gamecube sales
- Alienating 3rd party devs and "core gamers" with the Wii
- 3DS hardware

that happened with the N64

Turkish said:
Not wanting to cooperate with Sony. Well they had themselves to blame.

Yeah, turning over the rights of their software like Sony wanted would have been a great decision. Such a dumb move by Nintendo.