By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help! - Fire Emblem

Thanks everyone for the advice... Looks like I might have to restart

I've been using Soren for almost every kill and not really leveling anyone up.

You can recruit Aren?? ARGG!!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
Thanks everyone for the advice... Looks like I might have to restart

I've been using Soren for almost every kill and not really leveling anyone up.

You can recruit Aren?? ARGG!!!

lol, I figured you didn't know and not doing that and not knowing what your doing really makes things tough. On my second playthrough I could have easily beat that stage without Aran, but I figured I might as well recruit him.

I also think you ment Sothe, as I did the same and i got to the point where all my other members died just looking at the enemies

I still say play it on normal, none of this easy crap (i don't think i've played a game on easy in the last 10 years )

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Not Soren, SOTHE.

n00bs...

Soren doesn't appear until Part 3.

The game is a piece of cake if you think before you act and Easy/Normal make it child's play as you can Battle Save at any time. Although...

US Easy = Japanese Normal

US Normal = Japanese Hard

US Hard = Japanese Maniac Mode (No battle saves)

Anyone new to Fire Emblem should be playing Easy. Period.

US Normal = Jap Hard? Huh, didn't realize it heh.

For the first few missions in each part, everyone must survive.

For many missions, the enemy will simply sit there, waiting for you to get into range. So creep in toons with the opposing weapon just into their aggro range and BAM! easy xp + survival, yay!

And any enemy with a portrait who isn't the boss can be recruited. The key is figuring out who can talk to him/her without getting killed (you or the guy you're recruiting.)

Good Luck, Have Fun!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I don't know why people are thinking this is hard. I'm only about a third through it (on the second group of people) and I started getting bored (haven't played for a couple of weeks). Only had to restart a battle a few times and rarely used battle saves. It gets cumbersome how many characters are in your party and then you have to choose only 12, etc! Just make it so they can't attack many (you can see the opponents attack range), (except maybe a tank), and your party gangs up on individuals for certain kills, etc... I haven't even been using my bonus experience to level up my characters.

Was awhile ago that I stated, and I think I started normal, but wonder if maybe I did easy with all the warnings about how hard this game is. Battles are time consuming (checking opponents attack ranges, etc...), but are not that hard. Is there a way to check to see if I am on easy or normal level?

Around the Network
jlauro said:

Is there a way to check to see if I am on easy or normal level?

What color is the background of your save game?  If it's blue, you're on normal.

The first few missions you cannot lose anybody. After that it become Michia and Sothe and then others as the game progresses. Your main "leaders" will be Ike, Michia, Sothe, etc etc without giving any spoilers..

When you lose non-essential characters they'll just die forever but don't think of it as an invitation you'll want them later trust me.

Just check the mission after that first stretch of story you'll see it gradually changes to where only a few cannot die, just remember when conversations at the base become available DO them.

souixan said:
The first few missions you cannot lose anybody. After that it become Michia and Sothe and then others as the game progresses. Your main "leaders" will be Ike, Michia, Sothe, etc etc without giving any spoilers..

Micaiah!

M-I-C-A-I-A-H. 

Words Of Wisdom said:
jlauro said:

What color is the background of your save game?  If it's blue, you're on normal.

Looks like it's a tint of green.  Must of made it easy.  Not sure if I should restart or not on normal...  Even though I think it's been too easy, I don't really want to go through all those battles and story again...

jlauro said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
jlauro said:

What color is the background of your save game? If it's blue, you're on normal.

Looks like it's a tint of green. Must of made it easy. Not sure if I should restart or not on normal... Even though I think it's been too easy, I don't really want to go through all those battles and story again...

So easy is green?  Interesting.  I'll try that on my next playthrough.  I like having multicolored menus... ^_^