By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help! - Fire Emblem

Hi,

I have a question, I could look up guides but I fear I might see spoilers.

The back of the box says that when your characters die, they die for good. Which is something that hooked me.

But so far (only on mission 4 or 5), everytime on of my characters die the game ends. Arggg!!  Did I misunderstand, does it mean that I have to keep every character alive for the whole game? Or do I get to a point where I can recruit an army/officers to fight for me and not get my characters killed.

I have tons of other question but I don't want to ask in case of ruining the experience...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Characters that are essential to the storyline of the game will earn you an instant game over when you let them die.

I haven't played Radiant Dawn yet (release in March), but I guess in the early chapters of the game the important characters are Soren and Micaiah. 

So far in the early portion they're all MAIN characters and no one can die.. Its frustrating, I usually repeat every level 3-4 times... but I can't put the remote down  :)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

It is just that hard. Initial missions will give you game over if anyone dies. Abuse the quicksave feature and make some battle plans. This game demands that you die several times on some missions just to develop a good strategy. I blame Final fantasy for spoiling us with carefree gameplay.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Where the hell is the Fire Embelm for GC (I know off topic) I have been looking for that game in 3 weeks now. I could always ask my brother to get it to me from USA but I have heard that the free loader does not work for the wii.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Just one tip. Do not level everyone equally. Focus on your best fighters. Just try to level then enough so that they do not succumb to 1 hit kills.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
Duke Of Darkness said:
Where the hell is the Fire Embelm for GC (I know off topic) I have been looking for that game in 3 weeks now. I could always ask my brother to get it to me from USA but I have heard that the free loader does not work for the wii.

ebay.com

You have to get to 1-6 before you can let people die. It would be horrible if you had to keep people like Fionna and Meg alive, they are soooooo horrible I have killed them off right away just to be rid of them.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

naznatips said:
Duke Of Darkness said:

ebay.com

They all demand that I pay with stupid Paypal wich I won't get in three years and in the German site none will ship to Norway.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Here are some Tips for you, since this is your first time (it was my first FE too, and i played and beat it on Normal, but I had to restart over 1/2 of the way through because i totally screwed up my team)

1. for units that only get 1 exp when attacking, unequip them and use them as tanks

2. Move slowly, and highlight the enemy units to make sure you didn't leave anyone who is weak in a bad spot.

3. Don't always attack, sometimes just let them come at you and heal yourself. It wears down the enemy.

4. You can recruit Aran by talking to him, which you do by standing next to him and hitting the talk command. (doh... I spent so long trying to beat that level and I didn't know you could recruit one extra unit)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

gebx said:

Hi,

I have a question, I could look up guides but I fear I might see spoilers.

The back of the box says that when your characters die, they die for good. Which is something that hooked me.

But so far (only on mission 4 or 5), everytime on of my characters die the game ends. Arggg!! Did I misunderstand, does it mean that I have to keep every character alive for the whole game? Or do I get to a point where I can recruit an army/officers to fight for me and not get my characters killed.

I have tons of other question but I don't want to ask in case of ruining the experience...

Brilliant! Sorry I use your frustration to be really glad that the game is still very tough.

Personally I can't wait for this game to arrive in Europe.

Rol already answered your question but to add: You really don't want to lose characters, even if they're 2nd or 3rd degree. With all the characters alive you will see most of the game's story and also will have more options of finding new characters when the game progresses (because some characters can only be convinced to join your party by a certain character).

Also: don't level up characters with high stats in the beginning. They will take away valuable stat points from your weaker units.

ENJOY!!!! This game alone proves that you have very hardcore games on Wii and that extremely tough games are still being made.