By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 4 pushed back to Summer 2013

Well, other than them not meeting their fiscal quarter expecations, this is good for the game, and them. Also, the game will come out in summer, when people have much more free time in their hands.

And we can still anticipate MH3U, on both 3DS and WiiU, so that's all right (BTW, still don't have a clue which version I'm going to pick)...

Around the Network

This is for the best. Furthermore, March in Japan already had a hectic schedule for the 3DS including Dragon Quest VII, Gundam and Luigi's Mansion (most likely). Better be it pushed a bit, enhance the gameplay and boom Monster Hunter 4 = millions.

Interesting. I guess this will give MH3G on the 3DS more time to sell as it will still be the latest available version for awhile longer. Can it make it to 2 million?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I've never played a Monster Hunter game. What makes it so popular?

Good for Soul Sacrifice!

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network

Like Miyamoto-san said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

smbu2000 said:
Interesting. I guess this will give MH3G on the 3DS more time to sell as it will still be the latest available version for awhile longer. Can it make it to 2 million?

Definitely. It'll need less than 350k between America and Europe. Probably less than 300k.

@OT, very interesting. A summer release could be better for sales of the series in general, giving 3G/3Ultimate a little more breathing room and moving 4 a little closer to the Holidays.

A shame, but it frees up March. And Summer is always quiet, so launching it in the summer should keep sales afloat.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Vinniegambini said:
This is for the best. Furthermore, March in Japan already had a hectic schedule for the 3DS including Dragon Quest VII, Gundam and Luigi's Mansion (most likely). Better be it pushed a bit, enhance the gameplay and boom Monster Hunter 4 = millions.

Dragon Quest VII is February, just FYI.  

OT: As someone else has mentioned, sadly enough, this is the best possible thing that could happen for Soul Sacrifice.  Which is good, I guess.  It gets more of a chance & MH fans get an even more polished new game.

Hopefully if a version for the Wii U is to be made, it would be made with their HD engine...