By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The official Mass Effect 2 thread

Hay folks. Here's the official thread to what Bioware should consider doing in Mass Effect 2:

1. Allow us to carry on multiple relationships. Having just one choice ain't realistic.

2. Make the interior offworld scenes different. Yeah, we know there are two layouts, but add at least 3-4 more that randomly generate.

3. Allow the captain's quarters to save your game  instead of having to save it in the main menu.

4. Allow gamers to shoot anyone - I hated not being able to bust caps at the reporter. She sucked ... and I had a blast (literally) shooting those space monkeys. Yes, you can bust caps at them.

5. Much more sarcasm! I want to totally tell people off. Intimidation is cool, but getting folks pissed off - then having to deal with them later (in future games) would totally rock.

6. Allow gamers to interact more with NPCs. Calling my mom in the game was sweet - and I would like to talk more with Ash and Liara to unlock other *secrets.*

7. If you are going to include the Milky Way in the galaxy, we should be able to explore more than just the moon. And it woulda been way cool to see the spot where the lunar landing was and see the space dune buggy too.

8. If our character can't use weapons, why in the world are they showing up in our menus? Leave them out ... don't let us access them unless we can use them.

9. If you need to make multiple disks to make Mass Effect 2 shine, do it. We don't care about accessing a new set of galaxies  far, far away even if we have to swap disks.

10. Lastly, let the characters hook up much, much earlier in the game. It's a bad payoff just to see a 30-second scene late in the game. Plus ... it would be sick to have sexual tension between crew members during the mission.

Ok, your turn! 

Around the Network

They should (and probably will) announce it at E3 with a short teaser along with it! Overlord 2 will be announced the same day as well as a possible sneak peek of The Elder Scrolls V which will make me pee myself for sure...

Dang ... that would be sweet. I can't wait for Part 2 and Part 3. I'm like this - take your time, Bioware - do a great job ...

More Nudity!

Horse Mounts!

Better Inventory System!

More Characters! More available, More Squad mates... It would of been so cool to see the whole squad walking through the Citadel!

Android Character! I know its basically done in every single sci fi game, but you need an funny sarcastic android with a mysterious pass.

Upgradeable Mako! It could use a pair of wings and engine.. better traction, better speed, etc.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

madskillz said:
Dang ... that would be sweet. I can't wait for Part 2 and Part 3. I'm like this - take your time, Bioware - do a great job ...

Yeah, but then again, the only advantage from the EA takeover; unlimited funds...

Around the Network
gebx said:
More Nudity!

Horse Mounts!

Better Inventory System!

More Characters! More available, More Squad mates... It would of been so cool to see the whole squad walking through the Citadel!

Android Character! I know its basically done in every single sci fi game, but you need an funny sarcastic android with a mysterious pass.

Upgradeable Mako! It could use a pair of wings and engine.. better traction, better speed, etc.

I feel you on those ideas, but you know of the ideas you listed, I'd wanna see:

Nitrous on the Mako ...

A multiplayer mode - where you can set up ambushes and the like

And ... forget horses - give me world-specific creatures you can ride. Dang ... that would be sick to ride a T.Rex against the Geth. Just hope he's not too hungry ... 

I hope the next game has horse armor available on the retail disc.

Shit, wrong game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

Shit, wrong game.

Horse Mounts FTW!!

oh and the multiplayer would be good, but if EA had to choose between more content vs Multiplayer then I  would choose more content, so please take note EA don't sacrifice any features for multi!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
rocketpig said:

Shit, wrong game.

Horse Mounts FTW!!

oh and the multiplayer would be good, but if EA had to choose between more content vs Multiplayer then I  would choose more content, so please take note EA don't sacrifice any features for multi!!

Good Lord, let's hope they don't do MP. A lot of games benefit from MP but RPGs definitely do not.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It's funny, but in Mass Effect, Garran touts the Normandy's technology to Liara, and states 'I'd love to see how awesome the Normandy would perform in battle.' Liara looks at him and states 'I'm content with just fight the geth. I have NO DESIRE to see ship-to-ship battles.'

I was LOL ... I wouldn't mind ship battles, but horselike creatures? Oh yeah ...

@ RocketPig ... LOL ... you are too much.