By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima Productions: We Aren't Thinking About Metal Gear Rising On Wii U

Soleron said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
wii u is like the vita.

It's like the Gamecube. Strong third party commitment at press conferences at launch, and nothing afterwards.

GameCube had Ikuraga.  Enough said.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i personally think alot of the devs when they give reasons like that are actually just plain lazy.

Or maybe they think its not worth the time.

Just look how many copies Batman, Assassin´s Creed, Mass Effect and CoD sold combined. Why should they waste their ressources?

I would probably buy a PC port even tho I'm not really interested in the game it's self much. Just on the chance that it might help other Platinum Games come over...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I'd buy the Wii U version over the PS3/360 if it was available day and date. It's not like Platinum doesn't know the Wii U hardware.

The system is going to be screwed by third parties. The fix is already in.

Low user base + dev costs = not worth porting games to the wii u.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Gamepad now a negative feature of WiiU confirmed?

For multiplatforms it was always going to be that way. It would cost a dev team a lot of time and money to learn how to use the wii u and also how to program for the pad for a market of just over 1 million users. It's a lot cheaper to skip the wii u out and make the game for the consoles you already know how to program for who have over 140 million users. 

As expected.

A lot of these 3rd party games are either not releasing on the Wii U at all or they are releasing months after the 360/PS3 version.

What I do look forward to seeing is how things will play out once multiplatform games for the Next Xbox/PS4 are released.

Stupid reason he gave. I thought i would only have to own a Wii U for next gen but if third party support continues like this when PS4 and next Xbox is released i will have to get one of the two.

keroncoward said:
Stupid reason he gave. I thought i would only have to own a Wii U for next gen but if third party support continues like this when PS4 and next Xbox is released i will have to get one of the two.

It will probably be more like the Wii when the PS4Nextbox are out
The leap will be insane from those 2 consoles and a lot of developers want to push forward.
And if they already say now they don't really want to and care it will be even worse when the 2 big boys are out

WiiU = Zelda,Mario and maybe some J-RPGs from developers who can't afford to develop for the PS4
Nothing more and everyone who is buying the WiiU should accept this - I will buy the WiiU only for Zelda and nothing more.
For everything else there is a PS4 and PC.

bertlsenix said:
keroncoward said:

It will probably be more like the Wii when the PS4Nextbox are out
The leap will be insane from those 2 consoles and a lot of developers want to push forward.
And if they already say now they don't really want to and care it will be even worse when the 2 big boys are out

WiiU = Zelda,Mario and maybe some J-RPGs from developers who can't afford to develop for the PS4
Nothing more and everyone who is buying the WiiU should accept this - I will buy the WiiU only for Zelda and nothing more.
For everything else there is a PS4 and PC.

I disagree i dont think the graphical leap will be that far apart. PS4 and Xbox will definately be more powerful than the Wii U though but not as much as people think.