By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another next-gen game announced! (Unreal Engine 4)

Chris Hu said:

I installed the game to my 360's HDD which makes it run better but I still couldn't get into it.  Right now I have a huge backlog of games that are miles better then TLR so I doubt I will ever go back to it.  Brutal Legend which only uses a modified version of the Unreal 2.5 engine plays and runs a lot better then TLR I beat that game twice its one of this generations most underrated games.

There is plenty of questionable game disign in TLR not related to UE3. And as I said SE fucked up and didn't do a good job optimising the game for the X360. That isn't really the engines fault, they thought that they could get away with a very small team of programers on the game because they were using a licensed engine and the programers they had were all tied up designing their new systems rather than optimisation.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Well for being a pretty bad game it actually did halfway decent in sales.  I'm suprised that a game that is even more of a disaster using the Unreal 3 engine Too Human did even slightly better in sales then TLR.  Lost Odyssey which is miles better then both of those games and also uses the  Unreal 3 engine should have sold a lot better then both of those games. 

pezus said:
Play4Fun said:
Birimbau said:
Unreal 4 will rule next gen as UE3 did on this gen.

No it won't.

Why do you say that? Square Enix is already on board, Epic (obviously), as well as this dev and who knows how many more.

Alot of 3rd parties are building their own engines, some as good if not better than UE4 in some ways.

UE4 will not dominate like it did this gen.

zarx said:
pezus said:
zarx said:

that's a silly title for the thread, no wonder I didn't find it. The game is so far a PC exclusive calling it a next-gen game makes no sense

It's a "next-gen" engine.

still don't see how that makes it a next gen game really. It's a game on a new engine, when people see next gen game they are going to think next gen consoles. What was wrong with the articles title? That at least tells people what kind of game it is, but I guess you just want click bait anyway so carry on and don't mind me. 

It's simple, so far, only PCs can run UE4 games using its best features(DirectX 11+, etc).

Birimbau said:

It's simple, so far, only PCs can run UE4 games using its best features(DirectX 11+, etc).

Your point being? 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
zarx said:
Birimbau said:

Your point being? 

because only PC can run it so far, they won't release it on current consoles if they can't run it.

Birimbau said:

because only PC can run it so far, they won't release it on consoles if consoles can't run it.

I am still not getting your point, are you saying that it's the same as a next gen game because current console couldn't run it with all the bells on? If so that is a silly argument, are the Total War games next gen because they need lots of RAM so couldn't be run on current consoles? How about WoW?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
Birimbau said:

because only PC can run it so far, they won't release it on consoles if consoles can't run it.

I am still not getting your point, are you saying that it's the same as a next gen game because current console couldn't run it with all the bells on? If so that is a silly argument, are the Total War games next gen because they need lots of RAM so couldn't be run on current consoles? How about WoW?

What WoW has to do with UE4 games?

Birimbau said:
zarx said:
Birimbau said:

game that wouldn't run on current consoles...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
Birimbau said:
zarx said:
Birimbau said:

game that wouldn't run on current consoles...

Final Fantasy XIV is light years ahead of WoW in graphics and will run on PS3, don't confuse "can't run on consoles due to lack of power" with "we don't want it on consoles but it can run".