By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another next-gen game announced! (Unreal Engine 4)

Birimbau said:
Unreal 4 will rule next gen as UE3 did on this gen.

No it won't.

Around the Network

Yipee for UE4

Unreal Engine will be used massively, maybe 5%-10% less than UE3 due to more companies having their own engines, but still a boat load.

An enermous load of people in the industry have experience with the Unreal Engine, and the engine itself is a lot more practical and mature than most.

kitler53 said:

not that i have anything against PC exclusives i just want to see something hinted to MSony's next platforms for a benchmark.

Basing on past experiece I guess we can expect something looking worse, but still comparable, to their demonstrations.

Fore instance:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/ve3d/images/00/97/9776_unreal-tournament-2007-screenshots-20051213025113538.jpg

This is how the UE3 looked like when first presented for a PC game.

http://media.multiplayer.it/thumbs/images/2010/06/09/314060.gears-of-war-3-per-x360.fhijy_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

This is how it really looks like on console some years after. (both made by Epic)

This, of course, is only valid is we assume history will repeat itself.

that's a silly title for the thread, no wonder I didn't find it. The game is so far a PC exclusive calling it a next-gen game makes no sense

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
pezus said:
Play4Fun said:
Birimbau said:
Unreal 4 will rule next gen as UE3 did on this gen.

No it won't.

Why do you say that? Square Enix is already on board, Epic (obviously), as well as this dev and who knows how many more.

Ugh, Unreal 3 really wasn't good for JRPG's even though one of my favorite JRPG's Lost Odyssey did use it.  It definitely didn't work for The Last Remnant.

Chris Hu said:

Ugh, Unreal 3 really wasn't good for JRPG's even though one of my favorite JRPG's Lost Odyssey did use it.  It definitely didn't work for The Last Remnant.

That was as much Square Enix's fault as anyones, they tried to push too hard on X360 and didn't optimise it well. The PC version of TLR is pretty damn good. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

pezus said:
zarx said:

that's a silly title for the thread, no wonder I didn't find it. The game is so far a PC exclusive calling it a next-gen game makes no sense

It's a "next-gen" engine.

still don't see how that makes it a next gen game really. It's a game on a new engine, when people see next gen game they are going to think next gen consoles. What was wrong with the articles title? That at least tells people what kind of game it is, but I guess you just want click bait anyway so carry on and don't mind me. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

green_sky said:
Do you need a 680/7970 to run Unreal Engine 4 games or i just got that fully wrong. I am saying this because Epic was running their tech demo on really high end pc. How will these games scale down for lower tier video cards.

Yeah that's what is recommended, althought the GTX 670 is a mere 10% lower in performance then the 680, so you can shop smart as such for a UE4 GPU if need be. 

It'll probably scale well, however it somewhat defeats the point of the engine, which is to look oh-so-pretty.

zarx said:
Chris Hu said:

That was as much Square Enix's fault as anyones, they tried to push too hard on X360 and didn't optimise it well. The PC version of TLR is pretty damn good. 

I installed the game to my 360's HDD which makes it run better but I still couldn't get into it.  Right now I have a huge backlog of games that are miles better then TLR so I doubt I will ever go back to it.  Brutal Legend which only uses a modified version of the Unreal 2.5 engine plays and runs a lot better then TLR I beat that game twice its one of this generations most underrated games.