By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW Ascension MP Beta. First impressions

Tagged games:

Nice to hear all the positive feedback. I always though that one of the few flaws in the GOW series was the lack of replay value.

Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:
I'm absolutely loving it! It's my favourite multiplayer game this generation and it's still only in beta, this is what the industry needed and I think it's going to be huge thanks to the massive community of fans God of War has. Sure God of War didn't NEED multiplayer, but I'm fucking glad it does! Every God of War fan will love this and it will ensure that the game will stay in my PS3 for a very long time.

The only reason I'm not playing it now is because I've already played it for so long today my eyes have gone red, figured I should take a break from kicking ass and spilling intestines.

I was doing hours of gameplay to achieve speedrun in Hitman Absolution and remembered finally, I needed to sleep.

xD Like I do feel bad somewhat, I rarely seem to die and I do get ton of kills nearly everytime I play lololol

BUMP... GOW:A MP beta is open today for plus users here in europe and went live yesterday in NA...

Impressions?

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I'm in since december....it's better than PSABR at least but I wasn't hooked either. Maybe it's better for people who care for the franchise.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Downloading as we.. Write

Chandler said:
I'm in since december....it's better than PSABR at least but I wasn't hooked either. Maybe it's better for people who care for the franchise.

me too (in since december), but i did like it a lot. just play one time but turn it off was hard. didn't play it anymore since its a waste of time with so many unopened games on the shelf, and don't want to spoil the full game experience. waiting patiently for the full game and all the awesomeness.

but trying the beta reassured me that santa monica is in the right path and that this game is worth buying.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

so they don't have ever man for himself.

This Beta is really good...but unfortunately im really bad at playing this really good beta. My highest kill is 2 and my highest death is 16. For some odd reason when i enter the arena and there's another character that looks like mine I lose track of my character and the next thing i realize is that I've just fell over the edge and died. I do like the close up kill sequence though, it brings a feeling of accomplishment until someone come behind you and combo your ass  back to mount olympus.
I was hoping for more gore such as decapitation, amputation or some sort of fatalities move or sequence. Semi super move would be nice to. So far i've played it for 7 hours and so far im still accidently running off the edge. I guess I'm not so good with multiplayers... you should see me in COD after 30minutes of playing i have to lie down for 2 hours to recover from motion sickness. LOL