By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I blame Nintendo and to a smaller extent Sega for real life violence

Violent media does not turn people violent. Kids are supposed to be kids and play kid games. Growing up is about switching to mature stuff. That switch does not break people bad.

Around the Network

Parents definitely need to play closer attention to ESRB ratings. It seems like people just don't take them seriously because it's a game rating, as opposed to a movie rating. All it takes is a quick glance at the back of the box to see what kind of adult content is featured in the game.

I blame society and the way people grow up! If it was for video games I would have been a violent person which I'm not!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

How about blaming persons with mental disabilities (with access to weapons)?
Pass the blame. Sony did it.

You're right, Nintendo, Sega, and parents are to blame, along with anything or anyone that teaches kids to be impressionable. We have also failed to instill a talent for abstract thought in children at an early age so that they may distinguish reality with entertainment and evaluate rational and moralistic behavior. Furthermore, we have failed to enact procreation bans on people who lacks said talents.

How do you breathe again?

Around the Network

"Do not try to protect your kids with a bunch of fun and cute cartoons and kiddie games if you are just going to send them out to the wolves to instantly become virtual killers. This is why I blame Nintendo and Sega and Parents. It is not these violent videogames fault that parents do not slowly bring their kids into these types of things. That is why there is a rating system. E for everyone, T for Teen, M for Mature. Same goes for Movies. Do you take your kids to G movies and R movies? Shame on you!"

I don't get it. How does this make any sense?

lol, Spurge logic

This makes absolutely no sense. I, and millions of other people have played all of the those violent games. and have never hurt anyone. Just because a few unstable people acted on their own violent instincts doesn't mean millions of other people should be held accountable for their actions.

Blame the killers, blame the parents. Don't blame third parties like Nintendo, Sega and others. That's just scapegoating. People need to be held accountable for their own actions.

I blame Ryan for my Hardon. The violent stretching of the fabric in my jeans has ruined and desensitized my knob.

I don't think Nintendo, Sega, or video games in general are to blame for people being violent. I've played violent games, like Grand Theft Auto and I've never hurt anyone, nor has anyone else I know that has played violent games.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva