By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What kind of impact do you think Gran Turismo will have on the Vita?

Sony needs to fix it's issues with Polyphony right now. The rate at which Polyphony makes games has become a long running joke. Sony needs to look to how Microsoft has handled the Forza series for inspiration, namely Forza Horizon. With Forza Horizon, Microsoft took a studio made from seasoned racing game veterans, Playground Games, and had them make a spinoff under the supervision of Turn 10 studios. This is the kind of idea Sony needs to implement for Gran Turismo Vita. Create a studio made from talented racing developers, like perhaps some people from Bizarre Creations, and have them make a Gran Turismo game under the supervision of Polyphony. Hell, just have the Ridge Racer Vita developer Cellius make the game, only this time don't completely ruin the pricing scheme.

Gran Turismo Vita can be a success just like Forza Horizon without being a significant hindrance on the main series. If GT6 is truly coming to the next PlayStation, Polyphony needs all the time it can get to make it to launch. Smart outsourcing makes the most sense.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Around the Network

Just give me more RPG's and I will name the Vita the best handheld ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is it will take Polypony Digital a few more years just to finish the PS4 version, which likely will have very high end graphics.

I don't think Vita is a high priority for them.