By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Will Mario Kart U Do When It Releases?

I kinda think Nintendo needs this game for next Christmas.

3D Mario even if EAD Tokyo can get it is not enough of a big deal.

Smash Bros. is probably near where being done and neither is Zelda (not that Nintendo should bank on that franchise either). Maybe a Donkey Kong Country game could be ready, but with 2D Mario and Rayman already being pushed hard on the system, I think the machine probably needs something else.

Mario Kart ... they should just beef up the staff and make sure it's out by next December.

Also they can milk DLC by way of DLC packs for retro courses and battle maps for a long time too.

Around the Network

10m+

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Soundwave said:
I kinda think Nintendo needs this game for next Christmas.

3D Mario even if EAD Tokyo can get it is not enough of a big deal.

Smash Bros. is probably near where being done and neither is Zelda (not that Nintendo should bank on that franchise either). Maybe a Donkey Kong Country game could be ready, but with 2D Mario and Rayman already being pushed hard on the system, I think the machine probably needs something else.

Mario Kart ... they should just beef up the staff and make sure it's out by next December.

Also they can milk DLC by way of DLC packs for retro courses and battle maps for a long time too.

You're definitely right that Mario Kart would make a huge splash. But if Nintendo can release Super Mario Universe, Wii Sports 3, the Monolith Soft IP, and the game from Retro in Q3 and Q4 next year, then Mario Kart and Smash Bros. could wait until 2014. Of course that's a BIG if, but that's my guess.

If Nintendo don't screw up and implement the Gamepad well it might become the most important game for Wii U. Even if sales turn out to be slow in 2013, Mario Kart U will be the turning point.

Holy crap I had no idea Mario Krat Wii was at almost 33 mil! :-O

Around the Network

22-25 million most likely..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

20m plus.

Blimey, MKWii sold that much, I'm even surprised by the amount of the DS game. Colour me shocked!!! o.0

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I think it will come near the Wii mario kart sales, it depends on how much will the system sell , cuz mario kart is always in the top seller games.

IMSM

it depends, they need to push the series and have something new and cool. it will sell regardless! but if dont right, it will sell better! 

Nintendo Network ID = itsJabby