By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NOA has some giant ballz! What other company can get away with not releasing any games during the Holidays?

Sony's 1st party offerings on both PS3 and PSV were also weak this year, though I don't know if that was relevent. The 3DS already has a very impressive library for anyone picking up the system new. For the existing owners who aready have the marios and kart it's a bit weak.

Around the Network

Luigi's Mansion was supposed to release this Holiday, but it got delayed. It was delayed globally. Your issue is not with the North American localization and marketing division of Nintendo, but with the person overseeing the development of the game... likely Shigeru Miyamoto himself. He loves delaying games to make sure they live up to their potential.

Brain Age: Concentration Training was also meant to release this month in America.

Seriously, I don't know how you justify to yourself singling out NoA when Europe's release schedule is just as sparse this quarter. It's a conspiracy! NoA and NoE are working together to deny NoJ the ability to release games in the West!!!

Or you could make the sensible conclusion and actually place the blame where it belongs.

Besides, we didn't only get Sticker Star. Even if we're only discussing games published directly by Nintendo, don't overlook Crashmo. Nintendo also published Layton & the Miracle Mask in the West, so you're welcome for that. Plus there should be a couple more Virtual Console games coming before years' end, including Lost Levels.

Outside of Nintendo, we got Harvest Moon, Epic Mickey, Sonic Racing, and Zelda II the Adventure Time game.

This holiday season might be a little sparse for 3DS Nintendo offering but I have a lot of games to look forward to next year on the 3DS. You are right they should have had Animal Crossing ready to release worldwide but I am sure you would still complain since that isn't your taste. It is a system seller though.

Yeah, it is a bare holiday season (If you ignore the fact that they launched a brand new console with their most popular franchise.)

weak year from all companies so really it isn't much different.

Big titles this year that are exclusive

3DS

Kid Icarus
Paper Mario
New super Mario Bros
Resident Evil Revelations
Professor Layton

Probably more that I cant think of

PS3

Journey
Sony All Stars
Yakuza 4
Twisted Metal
Sound Shapes

X360

Trials Evolution
Spelunky
Deadlight
Minecraft 360
Mark of the Ninja
Forza Horizons
Halo 4

Vita

Little Big Planet
Assassin Creed Liberation
Gravity Daze
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Persona 4 golden

WiiU

Nintendo Land
Super Mario Bros U
ZombiU

I'm sure I missed title but those have been the big names this year and most of them are not even retail games.

Around the Network

It's hard to juggle games during a system launch, so I wouldn't really hold that against them all that much. I'm sure they're doing what they can with the resources they have.

It's the abandonment of the Wii that I don't get. No other manufacturer could have done that without at least some anger from their fans.

spurgeonryan said:

Paper Mario: Suck....sticker star. That is all you get for Christmas 2012 Nintendonation.

Is this some sort of nightmare? I do not think there has ever been a company that has ever tried this business strategy. " Don't release any big games and sit back and watch the 3DS compete with the HD twins for the top spot each week!" Can we even call them the HD twins anymore now that the Wii U is out?

Paper Mario has never been a big Nintendo IP. Nintendo knows this. That means that this should have been a 1-3 game Christmas. Am I missing some games? To me, this defies logic (@s do I).

Wii U has been awesome, NSMB U has been more so, Nintendo Land will be the next Wii Sports until Wii Sports U comes along and oh, NSMB U is an awesome awesome game. It has made NSMB 2 a worse game by existing (and I didn't hate NSMB 2).

JayWood2010 said:
weak year from all companies so really it isn't much different.

Big titles this year that are exclusive

3DS

Kid Icarus
Paper Mario
New super Mario Bros
Resident Evil Revelations
Professor Layton

Probably more that I cant think of

PS3

Journey
Sony All Stars
Yakuza 4
Twisted Metal
Sound Shapes

X360

Trials Evolution
Spelunky
Deadlight
Minecraft 360
Mark of the Ninja
Forza Horizons
Halo 4

Vita

Little Big Planet
Assassin Creed Liberation
Gravity Daze
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Persona 4 golden

WiiU

Nintendo Land
Super Mario Bros U
ZombiU

I'm sure I missed title but those have been the big names this year and most of them are not even retail games.

PS3: other then Starhawk the rest you didn't mention. weren't worth mentioning.

OP: Reggie is a figure head, and nothing more. he's incompetent, that's why NOJ spoon feeds him.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Sony's 1st party offerings on both PS3 and PSV were also weak this year, though I don't know if that was relevent. The 3DS already has a very impressive library for anyone picking up the system new. For the existing owners who aready have the marios and kart it's a bit weak.

It doesn't matter because the Vita got awesome 3rd party games in the past few months.

Sony?