By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Just saw The Hobbit, should you?

A lot of reviewers complained that the movie was too long and drawn out but I feel that Fellowship of the Ring is more drawn out in certain instances, and especially the Extended Cut (which is by far the better experience). I still love both movies.
The Hobbit has more humor and some different angles but it is extremely entertaining and well made and has the best picture and sound quality I have ever seen and heard in my life.

If you enjoyed the Lord of the Rings trilogy, do not hesitate; go see The Hobbit now!

Around the Network

Yeah, I wasn't bothered by the length of the movie at all. The start wasn't fast, but I really enjoyed the scenes in Bag End, and I didn't feel like any part of the movie really dragged. The musical score was fantastic with tons of themes from the trilogy, as well as some new ones that are just as excellent. Overall, I really enjoyed the movie.

i saw it last week in 2D,don't know why people complain about length,i mean they know what is going to be like,if you like the fantasy world of tolkien on screen then go and see it,i like the slow starts and story build up,i'll always go and see gollum and the lady of light

if you like the world go see it,

it had sylvester mccoy as radagast,been a while since i've seen him,bet he was pleased to get a call from jackson,he also let serkis 2nd unit direct i read

Above & Beyond

Fantastic. It's a solid 10. I love lord of the rings and I was very worried about the Hobbit but obviously Peter did an amazing job. There is enough content for 3 movies btw. Also h story of the hobbit doesn't end in the 2nd film.. Shockingly it ends in the 3rd. All 3 movies contain content not in the hobbit but other stuff Tolkin wrote that was happening at the same time.

Proclus said:
Haven't missed a single Jackson movie, not about to start now.

What a massive and stupid choice you have made sir. 

EDIT: i so read that wrong..

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
Proclus said:

I think you read that wrong lol

Although I enjoyed the Hobbit, it was quite boring at the start of the film :(

I managed to watch it in 48fps with 3D too, it was really distracting :/ The 3D was totally pointless and the extra frame rate just didn't look right at all (even at the end, i never got used to it), it ruined the film for me really, I'm watching it again in a few days without the extra features should improve it a lot :)

think-man said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Proclus said:

I think you read that wrong lol

HHAAHA i really did read that wrong 

In my area I could choose between 2D, 3D, 3D HFR and IMAX 3D HFR, each format more expensive than the former. We took IMAX 3D HFR. There was some strangely fast camera work here and there and some of the special effect looked a little plastic. Then again I only saw that other Jackson movie Tintin in IMAX.

Just the LOTR music gives me goosebumps and there were some epic fight scenes.

I watched all the three LoTD movies at the cinema, but I won't buy three tickets to watch The Hobbit split into three parts, this time I'll wait for it to be released in a DVD or BD collection and I'll buy it when it drops to budget price (BTW this will likely happen when I'll have finally replaced my family's old 1992 SD 34" CRT TV, it's a Philips and it just doesn't want to die ).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!