By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Third Week Sales USA Up by 17%

Nintendo always does well during Christmas though, people who think the system would just fall apart in the middle of the holiday rush are silly.

Even the GameCube would do well during the November/December months.

Around the Network

wii u is most likely overtracked

VGKing said:
Yup saw that a few days ago. I was surprised to be honest. I was expecting it to go the way of 3DS or Vita in its first few weeks. But it is the holidays so I guess I was being being pessimistic.

Well yer I thought it could go eitherway also. Mainly cause I seen people trying to buy WiiU games for their Wii system and look dissapointed when staff told them no this will not work.

Not sure if you remembere but about in Sept there was a thread that basiclaly asked "WTF NIntendo no advertsing for WiiU yet".

I think they were relying too much on word of mouth like the Wii to suceed, considering even some forum members on here were suprised the WiiU was out on launch week just shows lack of advertising.

What the future holds will be the interesting part.

Rockyb said:

How is it overtracked considering Nintendo themselves confirmed first week was 400,000 units in the US?

"Sony’s in a rut right now. It has the chops to build beautiful and powerful hardware that’s a developer’s dream".... and the others don't have the chops??? Until the PS3, Sony's systems were the weaker systems and the best sellers for the two generations. The current generation was dominated by the weaker system. They all "have the chops" to create a developers dream machine, but it doesn't do anyone any good if no one buys them. As for the supposed specs of the PS4...if they are true, it puts that system at less than half as powerful as my 1 year old i7...Developers want a dream machine, they program for the PC.... Besides, why are so many people hell bent on specs nowadays. Game play has always and will always be the most important feature in a game.

Stop hating and start playing.

Cobretti2 said:
VGKing said:
Yup saw that a few days ago. I was surprised to be honest. I was expecting it to go the way of 3DS or Vita in its first few weeks. But it is the holidays so I guess I was being being pessimistic.

Well yer I thought it could go eitherway also. Mainly cause I seen people trying to buy WiiU games for their Wii system and look dissapointed when staff told them no this will not work.

Not sure if you remembere but about in Sept there was a thread that basiclaly asked "WTF NIntendo no advertsing for WiiU yet".

I think they were relying too much on word of mouth like the Wii to suceed, considering even some forum members on here were suprised the WiiU was out on launch week just shows lack of advertising.

What the future holds will be the interesting part.

Rockyb said:

How is it overtracked considering Nintendo themselves confirmed first week was 400,000 units in the US?

The trolls keep coming, it never ends, I am wagernig that multiple "troll type" posters are the same person just cycling through accounts.

Around the Network
Rockyb said:

I like how you pulled that out of your ass.