By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliff Bleszinski New Game New Studio

can't wait to learn more

Around the Network

i freaking hope so! he really knows what he is doing, maybe he will start a new company and ubisoft will publish the games or ubisoft is opening a new studio and he will be the head of that? i just hope they will give him enough freedom if they will be involved.

enditall727 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
this somewhat states that epic is working on a new gears game dont you guys think? if he wanted to be remembered for something else and epic were working on a new IP then he wouldnt have had to leave right?

also cliify b and David Jaffe working together would be realllllyyyyy interesting !!

Without a doubt.  There is something going on internally at EPIC and i think it has something to do with MSFT.  I hope they leave Gears alone though because I really dont see how they could make the story go any farther without screwing it up.  Cliff planned it to be a trilogy which is why it ended the way it did.

i didnt play gears though i honestly would love to, but my point it i didnt know how it ended so i cant say. but as for leaving gears alone, i really doubt it. dont want to start shit but MS is known to milk their franchises, just look at forza and halo (note this has nothing to do with quality but has to do with release schedule's) and some franchises that are supposed to be triologies end up having a lot more sequals, just look at mass effect,  ME3 hasnt been on the market for a year and EA are already talking about a new one, wasnt it just supposed to be triology? my point is big companies dont care about the story or the game, they will just keep pushing them out until it stops selling, sadly. it would be a shame if that happened to gears, it should be what it creators want it to be, not what some bussines men say

also if MS would buy gears that would hurt the industery on so many levels, i really hope they dont

I know they milk their franchises.  All publisers are doing this now it seems.  Ubisoft - assassins creed, Activision - Call of Duty EA - Battlefield Sony- God of War Nintendo -Mario MSFT - Halo ........And this list goes on and on with every publisher unfortunately.  

MSFT already owns Gears of War and they could pass it on to a new studio if they want.  What would be a problem for the industry is if MSFT buys EPIC.  EPIC is huge with the Unreal Engine so that is kind of scary if they acquire them.  I dont think they would make the Unreal Engine exclusive though.  Im all up for MSFT buying new studioes but EPIC is too big in my opinion for anybody to own.  That would be like buying Bethesda.

EDIT: You dont have to worry about argueing with me.  Im not someone who will defend someone because of what company they are.  I just want people to tell the truth or be accurate about what they say and you pointed something out accurately

I thought Epic always owned Gears? when did MS get the rights to the gears IP? it must have been recently

No MSFT has always owned Gears.  The reason it went to PC is because of Windows 7.  MSFT doesnt see PC as a competitor because most PC's run Windows anyways.  But yeah MSFT has owned Gears since the original.  

I'm not actually into racing games, so I don't own gt5 either. Yeah I've definitely heard mixed things on AW. I was always intrigued by it. The less than stellar reviews did damper that, but my 3rd favorite game of all time is inFAMOUS, which has like an 84-85 metacritic, so u never know.

Im mainly a single player guy. I've tried multiplayer for so many different games, from the COD games to halo (which i actually can enjoy if im playing split screen with 3 friends) to killzone 2/3 to resistance and so on. Almost everything is just boring to me. KZ 3 is the closest ive come to enjoying online fps multiplayer (kz2 boring tho). The only multiplayer ive ever gotten really into is Uncharted 2 and 3's multi. I actually love it.

Anyways, for single player i think i mainly like action-adventure. I think the most important thing to me is a game with a great story, likeable characters, emotion, and good action and gameplay. Guess that's not too far from what most ppl like haha.

My top 3 favorite games are MGS4, Uncharted 2, then INFAMOUS 1. Some of my favorite classics are RE4, syphon filter 1, mgs1 and 3. Oh, lbp and Portal 2 are amazing as well.

I don't usually get too interested by psn/arcade games. Think the only psn game Ive ever bought was flower. Do plan to get journey as well someday, probably when the price drops.

Oh btw...u said above that msft owns gears? R u sure? I thought they only owned the rights to gears 1...cliffy b/epic always talked about the possibility of bringing gears over to ps3 (they just never ended up going thru with that obviously).

bananaking21 said:
JEMC said:
bananaking21 said:
this somewhat states that epic is working on a new gears game dont you guys think? if he wanted to be remembered for something else and epic were working on a new IP then he wouldnt have had to leave right?

also cliify b and David Jaffe working together would be realllllyyyyy interesting !!

I think you are right, but it may also be that he wants to try other genres and that's why he mentions Spielberg, that has done from comedies to war movies.

So maybe he wants to do an adventure game like Uncharted, or an open world sandbox, or an RPG, for example. Genres that he can't do at Epic.

Anyway, I wish him luck. Let's hope he succeds and makes a game that we all can enjoy.

maybe, hopefully as well it would be nice if talented teams are let to work on the stuff they want, not the stuff they are told to work on. but honestly i wish hum luck because he is one of the most video game developers i like, even though sometimes he can be annoying but he mostly speaks his mind and isnt like most of the indusrty who just talk PR shit. he says what he thinks and i like that

I completely agree.

We need more studios like Naughty Dog with the freedom it has and less Infinity Ward(to name one) studios.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
bananaking21 said:
JEMC said:
bananaking21 said:

I think you are right, but it may also be that he wants to try other genres and that's why he mentions Spielberg, that has done from comedies to war movies.

So maybe he wants to do an adventure game like Uncharted, or an open world sandbox, or an RPG, for example. Genres that he can't do at Epic.

Anyway, I wish him luck. Let's hope he succeds and makes a game that we all can enjoy.

maybe, hopefully as well it would be nice if talented teams are let to work on the stuff they want, not the stuff they are told to work on. but honestly i wish hum luck because he is one of the most video game developers i like, even though sometimes he can be annoying but he mostly speaks his mind and isnt like most of the indusrty who just talk PR shit. he says what he thinks and i like that

I completely agree.

We need more studios like Naughty Dog with the freedom it has and less Infinity Ward(to name one) studios.

sadly other than sony i dont see any other publisher doing that. EA is just terrible, the most terrible one actually in my opinion. sony has been offering some of its studio's freedome like ND and QD and i really hope both The last of us and beyond are succesful so sony would keep doing so. and i would add treyarch next to infinity ward, that studio is honestly just shit, i dont know how activision even lets them makes games

pitzy272 said:
I'm not actually into racing games, so I don't own gt5 either. Yeah I've definitely heard mixed things on AW. I was always intrigued by it. The less than stellar reviews did damper that, but my 3rd favorite game of all time is inFAMOUS, which has like an 84-85 metacritic, so u never know.

Im mainly a single player guy. I've tried multiplayer for so many different games, from the COD games to halo (which i actually can enjoy if im playing split screen with 3 friends) to killzone 2/3 to resistance and so on. Almost everything is just boring to me. KZ 3 is the closest ive come to enjoying online fps multiplayer (kz2 boring tho). The only multiplayer ive ever gotten really into is Uncharted 2 and 3's multi. I actually love it.

Anyways, for single player i think i mainly like action-adventure. I think the most important thing to me is a game with a great story, likeable characters, emotion, and good action and gameplay. Guess that's not too far from what most ppl like haha.

My top 3 favorite games are MGS4, Uncharted 2, then INFAMOUS 1. Some of my favorite classics are RE4, syphon filter 1, mgs1 and 3. Oh, lbp and Portal 2 are amazing as well.

I don't usually get too interested by psn/arcade games. Think the only psn game Ive ever bought was flower. Do plan to get journey as well someday, probably when the price drops.

Oh btw...u said above that msft owns gears? R u sure? I thought they only owned the rights to gears 1...cliffy b/epic always talked about the possibility of bringing gears over to ps3 (they just never ended up going thru with that obviously).

Well the closest thing to Metal Gear is Splinter Cell, which Conviction is ok but not near as good as MGS4.  Uncharted and Gears is very similar but the multiplayer is better on Gears where as the story is better on uncharted so you will def like Gears from the sounds of it.  Def the two best TPS games this gen.  Alan Wake is definitely not a bad game, it's just it got a lot more hype than what it deserved is all.  Some people really love it so like you said you never know.  It is similar to resident evil and you like that so yea.  Im not a fan of resident evil so that may explain why I dont care for it. The new DLC is suppose to be pretty decent for it.  Yeah if you dont care for arcade that is not a selling point as well as you dont seem to like Halo or racing.  Fable and Left 4 Dead would be my only other recommendations and I never got into the Fable series myself.  

My honest opinion is if you really want to play gears and alan wake just buy the arcade xbox or wait for it to drop in price again seeing as the NexBox will likely be announced soon.  It doesnt sound like you will like most of the games from the sound of it haha  But yeah you may be able to find a cheap used one as well.

Oh and I forgot to add.  Yes Microsoft owns Gears.  They said before that they would like to make it go multiplat but they can't.  Cliff Bleszinski actually posted a twitter update one day of him putting a gears sticker on the PS3 and saying "This is the closest PS3 will get to Gears" or something to that effect.  

bananaking21 said:
JEMC said:
bananaking21 said:
JEMC said:
bananaking21 said:

I completely agree.

sadly other than sony i dont see any other publisher doing that. EA is just terrible, the most terrible one actually in my opinion. sony has been offering some of its studio's freedome like ND and QD and i really hope both The last of us and beyond are succesful so sony would keep doing so. and i would add treyarch next to infinity ward, that studio is honestly just shit, i dont know how activision even lets them makes games

What I've been wondering is how Call of Duty will transition into the next generation.  I mean they havent updated for years so will they even go to next gen or will they just stay current gen?  I could make a whole thread on this topic alone.  Those games are fun but stale at the same time.  I wish people would stop buying into the popularity of it but you know how it is, its the social game right now so since its talked about people have to buy it because there friends are.  I

JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
JEMC said:
bananaking21 said:
JEMC said:
bananaking21 said:

I completely agree.

What I've been wondering is how Call of Duty will transition into the next generation.  I mean they havent updated for years so will they even go to next gen or will they just stay current gen?  I could make a whole thread on this topic alone.  Those games are fun but stale at the same time.  I wish people would stop buying into the popularity of it but you know how it is, its the social game right now so since its talked about people have to buy it because there friends are.  I

honestly for about 2 years i have thought that the downfall of CoD will start next gen, i say this because with new consoles people want something new, something that will make them go "WOW", and CoD does not do that, even if they updated the graphics a bit it still wont do wonders, considering how bad black ops 2 looks ( it honestly is the worst looking game i played on my ps3 after black ops) i doubt treyarch will be able to make something interesting when it comes to graphics. but what im trying to say is as you said, CoD is now stale and i think that will hurt it when it comes new consoles

you should make a thread about it, honestly i wanted to for a while but their are so many threads i want to make but for some reason never do

bananaking21 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:
JEMC said:

honestly for about 2 years i have thought that the downfall of CoD will start next gen, i say this because with new consoles people want something new, something that will make them go "WOW", and CoD does not do that, even if they updated the graphics a bit it still wont do wonders, considering how bad black ops 2 looks ( it honestly is the worst looking game i played on my ps3 after black ops) i doubt treyarch will be able to make something interesting when it comes to graphics. but what im trying to say is as you said, CoD is now stale and i think that will hurt it when it comes new consoles

you should make a thread about it, honestly i wanted to for a while but their are so many threads i want to make but for some reason never do

That is true, it has become very stale and people will be looking for something new.  Its hard to tell with all of the social and casual scrowd who gets it too.  They may not want to get a new console for a new Call of Duty.  

Yeah I'll make a thread about this later.  I'm getting ready to head home and take Finals so it may not be up for a while but I will make one