By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - sony narrows gap another million+ during 2012!!!

Why are we even discussing this? I've said this time and again, in depth analysis of sales is pointless in the middle of the holidays. The numbers are far too fluid. All it takes is one minor adjustment to drastically alter the overall picture at this point.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

actually i was using it according the definition of pointless, and it was in regards to you condescending him over a really arbitrary point.

It's quite the feat after all this time. Despite the year headstart from Ms, sony might be able to topple them in 2013. No biggie ofcourse but probably enough reason for a little celebration in the Sony camp.
At least it shows that the market is big enough for three competitors. Who would have thought 15 years ago.

weaveworld said:
It's quite the feat after all this time. Despite the year headstart from Ms, sony might be able to topple them in 2013. No biggie ofcourse but probably enough reason for a little celebration in the Sony camp.
At least it shows that the market is big enough for three competitors. Who would have thought 15 years ago.

there's been 3 ever since Sony entered the market

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

dec 8th, 2012

614,353 xbox360 -25% YOY
576,565 ps3 -10% YOY

dec 10th 2011

822,524 360 +12% YOY
637,833 ps3 -4% YOY

dec 11th 2010

734,907 360 +66% YOY
667,327 ps3 + 9% YOY

dec 5th 2009

443,704 360
610,807 ps3

The 360 has been nothing short of volatile in its sales over this week, and it has tanked hard this year whereas the PS3 has a pretty reliable trend for the same week, very steady sales with a slight decline again this year.

If these trends continue, the PS3 actually stands a chance to surpass the 360 next year. Like I said though, 360 is volatile, wouldn't surprise me at all to see a weekly increase YOY for 2013 during this same period if no new consoles are released.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

lol thats it? PS3 will never take 2nd place before next Xbox is out at this rate.

Draw upon your forefathers in the PS2 days. Youve lost your ways.

EDIT: PSTriple? We got a Chad Warden disciple over here?

It's looking certainly like it would. And even if it didn't, it would certainly still have won the RESPECT it deserves for having come so close without a year.

platformmaster918 said:
weaveworld said:

there's been 3 ever since Sony entered the market

Oh i'm sorry, did i step on some toes here ;P

lol, sales2099, do you actually think chad warden is serious?

theprof00 said:
actually i was using it according the definition of pointless, and it was in regards to you condescending him over a really arbitrary point.

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I just think the arguments are generally pointless. Personally, between the fact that shipments crossed 70 million back at the start of November and the "200% up in Latin America" comment lead me to think we'll be seeing notable adjustments when quarterly reports come in.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

sorry buddy, i wasn't referring to you.
i said kowen's post was asinine, and since he didn't know the word he decided to look up the definition, of which he took the worst one for whatever his little reporting game involves ("people don't realize I'm just playing with them/ this site"). Anyways, I was just clarifying for him and also the mods that I was not calling kowen anything, I was calling his codescending attitude on an arbitrary correction pointless.
It's just hard to quote on this phone, so it got kind of orphaned below your post :D