By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How to Destroy an Athiests in a argument! (Updated with poll)

Who won?

The Athiest 40 70.18%

The creationist 17 29.82%

Total:57
DaRev said:
Talal said:
I don't want to get in an argument, and I'm not taking any side, however, the person claiming that something that cannot be seen nor felt needs to prove that it exists, not the other way around. It's like me saying that I have an invisible friend, you don't need proof to tell me that it doesn't exist the fact that you can't see it nor feel it is proof enough. I however need to prove to you that it exists.

ha ha, that's pure rubbish! I'll simply say, to counter your point, that you need the right TOOLS and dedicated RESEARCH to PROVE whether somethng is true or not.For scientists don't go around proving things without the right TOOLS and dedicated RESEARCH. So my question to you would be what TOOLS and how much RESEARCH have you put into proving whether God exists?

What does tools and dedicated research have to do with anything. The non-existance of Oden is just as unfalsifiable as the non-existance of Jahve.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
irstupid said:
Alara317 said:
HesAPooka said:
I'm not religious, but I also don't go around bashing people who are.

Criticizing religion is "There's no substantial proof in god or the spiritual.  Until you can prove it, I can't take your claims as anything more than empty claims." 

That's the most pathetic argument ever invented.

It has the exact same counter argument.  "Prove that God doesn't exist"

That's the most pathetic counter argument ever. The one making the claim has to prove it. Otherwise, if you can't disprove flying space unicorns in the andromeda galaxy, it's a totally valid theory.

I feel like it's worth noting that if we are talking historical proof, as in, enough proof that something existed in the past... there actually as much proof for God as there is most commonly taught historical figures.

Just something interesting to consider the next time you think of a historical figure like Nero, or Julius Ceaser a number of Egyptian Pharohs etc.

Or even more interestingly, third party figures.

Kasz216 said:

I feel like it's worth noting that if we are talking historical proof, as in, enough proof that something existed in the past... there actually as much proof for God as there is most commonly taught historical figures.

Just something interesting to consider the next time you think of a historical figure like Nero, or Julius Ceaser a number of Egyptian Pharohs etc.

Or even more interestingly, third party figures.

That is actually interesting, since it's true that some of our historical knowledge comes from very obscure sources. Therefore there is always much debate among historians about the validity of the sources.

One distinction I'd like to make though is that we know that humans exist. Gods are antother story.

I LOVE ICELAND!

blightedpersona said:
To all VGChartz readers, I have a very important public service announcement for you.

Salvation may be yours, if only you believe.
I'm here to inform you that he is real...
The Flying Spaghetti Monster exists!

Don't believe me? Then prove that he doesn't exist.

That's all that needs to be said, really.

Funny vid.
Not worth all the religious debates here that always end up in the same merry-go-round, but still funny.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Alara317 said:

Criticizing religion is "There's no substantial proof in god or the spiritual.  Until you can prove it, I can't take your claims as anything more than empty claims." 

It's not only about there being no proof, but also no reason for anyone to believe that a god, as described by humans and old texts from thousands of years ago, do exist.

There are no more reasons for us to believe in God than there is for us to believe in fairies, ghosts, spirits, trolls, monsters and other supernatural beings. And the lack of reasons is what makes those beliefs baseless.

beliving that there is a god who create evrything in the world is easier to believe then the creation of the world accidently.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

JoeTheBro said:
I'm fine with most atheists even if it's a super heated debate.

What pisses me off is when an atheist thinks science=atheism. Um hello, I'm a science guy yet I'm not an atheist. Also I find pastafarianism annoying. It's funny to use it as a joke but using it as an argument against religion just shows how little you know. The video I can laugh at because there are tons of blind and ignorant Jesus freaks just asking for trouble when talking to atheists.

If you applied the scientific method, you would have abandoned the hypothesis "a judeo-christian god exists" a long time ago

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
irstupid said:
Alara317 said:

It's not only about there being no proof, but also no reason for anyone to believe that a god, as described by humans and old texts from thousands of years ago, do exist.

There are no more reasons for us to believe in God than there is for us to believe in fairies, ghosts, spirits, trolls, monsters and other supernatural beings. And the lack of reasons is what makes those beliefs baseless.

Not to mention it is fairly easy to logically prove that god doesn't exist, at least as defined by Christians.

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

small44 said:
beliving that there is a god who create evrything in the world is easier to believe then the creation of the world accidently.

Yes, but one has to wonder why people would choose the gods that where "found" hundreds or even thousands of years ago when science had made very little progress and witch burnings (among other bizarre rituals) somehow made sense.

If a god made this universe, why trust that he is as described in, for instance, the Bible, when other facts such as the world being flat now have been disproven?

Just saying, if my calculator can't get 3+3 right, there is no way I would trust it to make accurate trigonometric calculations.