By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will have a million seller first? Wii U or Vita? Update: It was WiiU-

spurgeonryan said:
Aerys said:

Useless thread, Uncharted is million seller, dont know how people can have doubt about that fact.
According to Sony, Sega, etc. We know that a digital versions is around 20% of the box sales.
Its stupid to do not count digital sales, so pointless thread.

Well since you came here to bait I guess I will do some baiting. Pretty amazing that a system not even out for a month could soon have 2-3 million sellers. Now may we keep this civil?

So, this is the point of this thread ? So i say what i think : Pointless.

Who on earth doesnt know that Mario can easily be a Million Seller in few weeks ? ( not talking about Nintendoland, its obvious for it cause you buy it in bundle basic pack, nobody will buy the true basic pack with 8Go )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Wii U. The database seems to already be updated with Japanese sales for Wii U http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=WiiU&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Nintendoland already at 0.91m and NSBMu at 0.81. The Mario game is especially impressive since it wasn't bundled at all.

Mario, or Nintendo Land if you want to count bundles, will get there before any Vita game does.

Mario's game hit 1 million on November 17th 2012

biggamejames79 said:

What are you talking about?

Around the Network
VGKing said:
biggamejames79 said:

What are you talking about?

NSMBU and most other Mario games sell so fast they're bought before reaching the shelves.

sundin13 said:
I think pretty much everybody agrees Wii U will have it first (excluding digital sales) but who will have the first third party million seller? I doubt that any of the wii u launch titles will reach 1M any time soon and I dont think there are any vita titles close...

This is an interesting question. Right now it's ACIII:L vs. Zombie U. Vitas next candidates would be Soul Sacrifice and possibly the Phantom Pain (this one would get over 1 million without a doubt, it could challenge MH3 sales on 3DS). What big 3rd party game is coming to the Wii U?

Still, Vita is in a worse position in such a comparison, since we don't know the digital sales and they are much higher on that console than on Wii U. I for one plan to buy all Vita games online, even though I buy all PS3 games in retail. Just hate shuffling carts in a handheld. Sony should start publishing this data for Vita, since it's such a digital download heavy console, the first one ever designed with it in mind.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Physical copies? Wii U.

Not including free digital games, Golden Abyss is probably at a million by now.

Including free PS+ subscriber digital downloads, definitely Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush. And whatever other free games there were.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Scisca said:
sundin13 said:
I think pretty much everybody agrees Wii U will have it first (excluding digital sales) but who will have the first third party million seller? I doubt that any of the wii u launch titles will reach 1M any time soon and I dont think there are any vita titles close...

This is an interesting question. Right now it's ACIII:L vs. Zombie U. Vitas next candidates would be Soul Sacrifice and possibly the Phantom Pain (this one would get over 1 million without a doubt, it could challenge MH3 sales on 3DS). What big 3rd party game is coming to the Wii U?

Still, Vita is in a worse position in such a comparison, since we don't know the digital sales and they are much higher on that console than on Wii U. I for one plan to buy all Vita games online, even though I buy all PS3 games in retail. Just hate shuffling carts in a handheld. Sony should start publishing this data for Vita, since it's such a digital download heavy console, the first one ever designed with it in mind.

Monster Hunter Tri U is getting a global release next year, so I expect it to be WiiU's first third-party million seller. ZombiU may take some time before it even gets close to one million sold.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
BasilZero said:
Sound Shapes / Uncharted GA already probably passed 1 mil via digital + physical sales.

First Wii-U title will be NintendoLand cause isnt it bundled?

The OP says to not include "unknown digital numbers".

How convenient.  Everybody knows that everybody that buys a Vita game also buys the digital copy, twice (particular tough since, after you buy a game once, you get it free from that point on).  Biased thread is biased.  If you want to use your *finger quotes* NORMAL *finger quotes* method, then I guess I have to go with the Wii U.