By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FOX NEWS on MASS EFFECT Sex Debate

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/163925.html

X_X'' WTH....Lucky Geoff Keighley (from GT) is their....

Sorry if it is a repost =:.

Around the Network

The gametrailers guy is on the news!

ROFL!

He is arguing with that women in how the sex thing is only 2 minutes a=of a 30 hour adventure,

mM

Yeah he is in there and I feel sad for him ...

Sigh stupid woman that should be punished for het stupidity X_X..

Sorry, I stopped reading your post so that I could hump my computer screen on the idea that I might see some titties.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Pathetic. Listening to those ill-informed non-gamers condemning a game for a sex-secene that goes for less than 2 minutes and shows quite literally nothing more than the buttock was infuriating. Geoff had it completly right, the sex-scene is not something you can just simply choose and takes constant effort to create the relationship that leads to the sex, you have to also essentially make it to the end of the game to unlock.

Anyway its a brilliant game that I would reccommend all 360 owners give a try.

Around the Network
Sol said:
Pathetic. Listening to those ill-informed non-gamers condemning a game for a sex-secene that goes for less than 2 minutes and shows quite literally nothing more than the buttock was infuriating. Geoff had it completly right, the sex-scene is not something you can just simply choose and takes constant effort to create the relationship that leads to the sex, you have to also essentially make it to the end of the game to unlock.

But c'mon, you have to admit that Ashley has a great ass.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

yeah. That's pretty much Fox news for you. I'm actually surprised they didn't bring on Jack Thompson.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
yeah. That's pretty much Fox news for you. I'm actually surprised they didn't bring on Jack Thompson.

So next time VGC screws up on software sales ala CoD4 I guess its cool for folks to just say "Thats pretty much VGC for you"? Lets get serious. Out of all of the news outletts I get news from Fox easily has the best and most thorough coverage. I disagree with a lot of the slanted crap their anchors and reporters say but its just as bad as what I hear on CNN, BBC, or MSNBC and the like, the only difference is that its slanted the other way.

If you don't like the story then just say so, making this about Fox is just a copout for dealing with the issue. Rather than discussing the topic you're just blaming the good'ole safe thing to blame on the internet. And frankly I'm getting tired of the lemming approach to politics that people seem so content with. Lets hear what you have to say about the issue!

@topic,

First of all, there were really only two people who were off base imo. The psychology chick who basically decided she was only going to accept the studies that say what she wants them to say (and there are studies for both cases), and the chick who thought the game should be "AO".

The rest of these folks were doing exactly what a lot of people on this forum have said they should do...and that is keep this stuff out of the hands of their children. If you have kids in the house you probably shouldn't have this game where they can have access to it, and thats just good parenting. As long as we are going to use the ESRB it doesn't make sense to get bent out of shape when parents actually follow the guideline. The only reason this game garnered national attention was the sex scene which really this is the first major release to have interactive sexual scenes, so it was bound to get some coverage.

Basically my position is this: If they are avoiding the game because they have kids then thats good parenting. But if they want to condemn the game because it has sex then they need to pull their head out of their ass and realize that its a part of life and hiding from it isn't going to change anything.

Just remember that while to us it seems like they are completely without the facts here, to them we are completely missing the underlying point. Its a fundamental difference in viewpoints really. But...I still think the screwed up the story.

PS - I still lub you stof~

To Each Man, Responsibility

Oh wow.

This isn't exactly the first time Fox completely make stuff up to raise controversy, but I'm pretty schocked regardless. Full graphics nudity and sex, where you get to choose what happens? Someone tell me where to get this game! Can't wait until the game is ported to the PC, and modders get their hands on it...

I'm actually slightly annoyed by how conservative Mass Effect has been with the sexual parts. It's rated 16+ in the US and 18+ in Europe, so they might as well show quite a bit more than they did.

Oh right, except nudity is worse than killing in America. Forgot about that bit. -_-

I don't understand how people have such a problem with games, but not movies and TV. Even the music industry gets less of this censorship crap. Besides, I think it requires much more intelligence to think your way through a game than just to sit back and watch a movie. For example, in the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, you had to figure out that ice block puzzle, and you also had that one where you had to move two statues into the correct spots. It takes more thinking to do that than watching, let's say, any movie ever (unless you try to figure out who did it in a mystery movie, but I think that gaming STILL takes more effort). When will people start to recognize that gaming is an art, just like movies, TV, and music.