By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog defends The Last of Us Multiplayer

Euphoria14 said:
kitler53 said:
Euphoria14 said:
kitler53 said:
..people will complain about everything these days won't they.

Gamers are definitely up there for the "Most whiny group with a large sense of entitlement" award.

all i'm saying is i'm really whiny, and even i'm annoyed by the whinyness of our industry/gamers.

I hear ya.

Only in the gaming industry do we bitch about people trying something in the attempt of creating additional replay value for us.

Yeah, if that second team did nothing and this game had only the single player it would be better than having that SAME single player mode AND an online component... -.- sigh

..cross buy is a bad thing.  why wouldn't i want to play for the same game twice?!?!

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Euphoria14 said:
kitler53 said:
Euphoria14 said:
kitler53 said:
..people will complain about everything these days won't they.

Gamers are definitely up there for the "Most whiny group with a large sense of entitlement" award.

all i'm saying is i'm really whiny, and even i'm annoyed by the whinyness of our industry/gamers.

I hear ya.

Only in the gaming industry do we bitch about people trying something in the attempt of creating additional replay value for us.

Yeah, if that second team did nothing and this game had only the single player it would be better than having that SAME single player mode AND an online component... -.- sigh

..cross buy is a bad thing.  why wouldn't i want to play for the same game twice?!?!

I hear ya.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

A great decision for Naughty Dog. Glad to hear it's being handled by two different teams. Honestly this late in the generation, AAA games need a solid multiplayer for better sales, it's just common sense really. If the same amount of time and effort goes into the Single player, weather they add multi or not, then why not??? This only increases my hype level for this game.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

kitler53 said:
superchunk said:

I've never played the multiplayer of games that are single player / story based like AC, Uncharted, etc.

Not that it matters to me if they add it in. I use it as a selling point when I resell the game.

not even give it a chance?  i've never played an AC game but i've heard really good things about it's multiplayer.  Uncharted 2 was only okay but i really like the multiplayer in uncharted 3.   you should at least give them a chance though before reselling is all i'm saying.

It increased the resale value tho, because it was only able to be used once due to how they handle multiplayer now with codes. However, I noticed WiiU BLOPS2 didn't have a multiplayer code. I wonder if WiiU won't have that type of system. Anyone with AC3 comment on it?

superchunk said:
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:

I've never played the multiplayer of games that are single player / story based like AC, Uncharted, etc.

Not that it matters to me if they add it in. I use it as a selling point when I resell the game.

not even give it a chance?  i've never played an AC game but i've heard really good things about it's multiplayer.  Uncharted 2 was only okay but i really like the multiplayer in uncharted 3.   you should at least give them a chance though before reselling is all i'm saying.

It increased the resale value tho, because it was only able to be used once due to how they handle multiplayer now with codes. However, I noticed WiiU BLOPS2 didn't have a multiplayer code. I wonder if WiiU won't have that type of system. Anyone with AC3 comment on it?

OHH, the "online pass" thing.  gotcha.  i wasn't thinking that was what got you increased value at resell.  i was thinking more like games with multiplayer maintain their value longer.  in that case i can see your point.

and i hope not.  online pass it dumb so i hope nintendo doesn't copy that bad idea.   it doesn't affect me as i don't ever resell my games but just having to put the code it to play online annoys me.

Around the Network

I don't know why people are raging. As long as they are putting resources in developing both SP and MP well, it shouldn't matter.

While SP is great and all (believe me, I LOVE many JRPGs which are mostly SP), its MP that makes people keep putting that disc back in their tray each and every single day. At the end of the day that is what developers want the most. So I don't blame them for making some kind of MP to keep interactivity high over a very long period of time. And if MP is good, maybe we can all have a blast with it as well.

Check this out: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-12-naughty-dog-theres-a-misconception-that-if-you-put-a-girl-on-the-cover-the-game-sells-less

Sony was being sexist and told ND to take Ellie off the front cover in order to be more manly (it never explicitly mentions Sony, but what other "higher up" company would tell ND that?).

Someone else can make a thread about this if they want, I don't want to start a flame war thread. :P

wfz said:

Check this out: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-12-12-naughty-dog-theres-a-misconception-that-if-you-put-a-girl-on-the-cover-the-game-sells-less

Sony was being sexist and told ND to take Ellie off the front cover in order to be more manly (it never explicitly mentions Sony, but what other "higher up" company would tell ND that?).

Someone else can make a thread about this if they want, I don't want to start a flame war thread. :P

Yeah Ill pass on making that thread.  That would just have a lot of pissy argument haha  

That is pretty funny though lol She lookes so much like Ellen Page though that it is kind of weird

am i the only one really excited that this.has multiplayer? i loved uncharted 3's multiplayer and cant wait for this

pezus said:
They have two teams working on SP and MP seperately. I'm very,very OK with it.

I don't think the logic of having a seperate team makes total sense. You could have that second team also focus on SP.

I hate to think that the team working on MP is the UC3 team... I hope they're working on UC4 for Orbis.