By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you believe in Aliens/UFO's?

It's a most definite yes on both accounts. Come' on. Really. The Universe is just HUGE! To believe we are the only forms of life is just ignorant. And to believe that one of those civilizations hasn't moved pass rocket fuel to propel space craft is also ignorant.

Before someone calls me out for using the word ignorant, it's not a bad term. It just means you didn't know any better.

So... Yes and Yes.

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play
Around the Network

@super...well if you think of it in terms of what man is doing and advance it by a few thousad years

100 years ago do you think anyone thought we would have gotten to the moon?

50 years ago do you think anyone would have thought space travel was going to become a turist attraction/business

50 years from now are you thinking we might get a maned mission to mars?

I believe in both. I hardly know anybody who doesn't believe that there is life out there somwhere. I even know some idiots who believe that aliens will kill us all, thanks to their watching of Alien and Independence Day. I don't believe, however, that aliens/ufos look anything close to the stereotype.

@mesoteto ya it's interesting to think what will happen even 50 years from now, considering even 30 years ago there were no PC's, the Internet(Arpanet doesn't really count).

Also, consider this, if it weren't for half a millenia of Dark Ages, imagine how advanced we'd be right now......assuming we hadn't destroyed ourselves.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

To quote Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes, the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

@super agreed so its not had to stretch the mind and igine that a thousand years from now we might be doing some pretty cool stuff on another planet

also heres somethign to think about--the average humane life span has steadly gone up over the last 100 years so in a 100 years we could be living to 200-300 years and even though it might take 3-4 years to get to another planet would it really seem that long?

How could you not believe in such things.

Edit:  Too many strange experiences I've had to believe otherwise.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I do believe, they left a lot of evidence that they were here since the beginning of humanity, check the pre historical paintings and you will see strange beings with helmets and flying ships... How the prehistoric people knew about those?

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

There are definitely unidentified flying objects!!! I see them all the time!!!

As for aliens, they definitely exist somewhere, but there probably hasn't been any interaction between us humans and sentient extraterrestrials during recorded history. It's possible, but I haven't seen any convincing evidence, so I'm forced to remain very skeptical.

who knows