By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White ps3 coming to NA...

From Kotaku:

Some filings over on the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) website have revealed that Sony plan to manufacture the white, 40GB PS3 for the American market. The first filings were made in October of last year, but were initially withheld from the public at Sony's request, so as to "avoid premature release of sensitive information prior to marketing or release of this product to the public". The filings are, however, now clearly visible on the FCC's site, including pics of the Commission's testing rig and Sony's declaration that the white PS3 will be manufactured according to FCC regulations. Now all we need is a release date, and we're all set.

Around the Network

so will the PS3 beat the Wii to the coloured console punch?

And if they do bring out colours, I'm rooting for yellow. We could call it the yellow submarine.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

not sure that i like it in white..... I'll decide when i see it in real life

so colors finally are coming. Nice.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

maybe this will come out along with the rumored price drop... new lower price, new color, could really boost sales for a bit

Around the Network

Keep it black, IMO. A white PS3 would really stand out in an entertainment center full of black set top boxes. I suppose choice is good, but I don't see many gamers clamoring for white PS3s in the US.

Maybe if its white, some people will confuse it the with the wii and they might sell some more.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I always prefer a console's original color, and original model. When you think of the Playstation 3, you think of it being black, not white. You may even think of it as the original, 60 GB version.

I would've bought the ceramic white PS3 , if it was available at launch.

Where are all the Sony fanboys shouting true next-gen color?
*remembers back in the days when Elite came out*

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.