By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Biggest Flops of 2012: Let's discuss

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Starhawk and COD: D have to be on that list.

CoD is #1

oh ya, slipped my mind. my bad.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Ucell said:
JayWood2010 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Software-wise, this was not Sonys year at all.

you can make such a top10 list with Sony exclusives (PS Vita / PS3).

Twisted Metal
Starhawk
Sorcery
AC Liberation
CoD Declassified
LBP Karting
PSABR
Resistance Burning Skies (Meta 60, sold 0.17m)
Modnation Racers: Road Trip (Meta 52, sold 0.10m)
Wonderbook (Meta 72, less than 8k in its first month in the US, less than 11k wordwide)

Sure, you can't expect every game to do well. There will always be a flop every now and then, but that is way too much.
Still, the internet will praise Sony for their unrivaled 1st party studios...

I literally had every one f those games on my list when narrowing down aaccept starhawk and modnation.  I also had 007, Epic Mickey, and Raccoon City as well though.

Also, PSASBR has sold 0.18m on PS3 and 0.04m on PSV in its first week, which is great.

hell no. it is horrible. People here were predicting something in the 3 - 5 million range.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

not that we could expect anything good but considering the great game for the first xbox i would call steel battalion for the 360 a flop and i could see that in your list instead of maybe twisted metal. i mean, 39% on gamerankings, i did expect at least 60^^

Roselber said:
What about Dragon Ball Z for Kinect?

i don't think anyone really expected higher sales or higher ratings so i would put that in the "as expected" category and not as one of the biggest flops (even if it was a flop financially)

pezus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Ucell said:
JayWood2010 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Software-wise, this was not Sonys year at all.

you can make such a top10 list with Sony exclusives (PS Vita / PS3).

Twisted Metal
Starhawk
Sorcery
AC Liberation
CoD Declassified
LBP Karting
PSABR
Resistance Burning Skies (Meta 60, sold 0.17m)
Modnation Racers: Road Trip (Meta 52, sold 0.10m)
Wonderbook (Meta 72, less than 8k in its first month in the US, less than 11k wordwide)

Sure, you can't expect every game to do well. There will always be a flop every now and then, but that is way too much.
Still, the internet will praise Sony for their unrivaled 1st party studios...

I literally had every one f those games on my list when narrowing down aaccept starhawk and modnation.  I also had 007, Epic Mickey, and Raccoon City as well though.

Also, PSASBR has sold 0.18m on PS3 and 0.04m on PSV in its first week, which is great.

hell no. it is horrible. People here were predicting something in the 3 - 5 million range.

First week? Are you out of your mind, lol?

of course I was talking about lifetime. And PSABR won't achieve that, except it ends up bundled for 2 years straight like GT5.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Roselber said:

i don't think anyone really expected higher sales or higher ratings so i would put that in the "as expected" category and not as one of the biggest flops (even if it was a flop financially)

Well but some DBZ/Kinect fans had high hopes and were saying "Yeeeyy finally we can throw Kamehamehas at the speed of light, it's gonna be awesomeee!!!", "Well done Goku, we beat Freezer!", or "it's gonna be the best DBZ game everrr"

But it's OK.

pezus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
pezus said:

First week? Are you out of your mind, lol?

of course I was talking about lifetime. And PSABR won't achieve that, except it ends up bundled for 2 years straight like GT5.

>_> sure bud, classy bringing GT5 into this when it's a franchise that sells well in excess of 10m on its own.

I am not saying GT5 was a flop by any means. I am saying it was just bundled for the past 2 years as well.

Roselber said:
crissindahouse said:
Roselber said:

Well but some DBZ/Kinect fans had high hopes and were saying "Yeeeyy finally we can throw Kamehamehas at the speed of light, it's gonna be awesomeee!!!", "Well done Goku, we beat Freezer!", or "it's gonna be the best DBZ game everrr"

But it's OK.

i believe you just saw advertisement for the game

I also don't agree with PSASBR being on the list. It has a small opening but huge legs. Free DLC will really help keep sales going. Review wise it is low because of its competition, not because it is a disappointment.

morenoingrato said:
I'd add Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle to the list of flops.

Isn't it doing well so far? It only launched in N. America 5 weeks ago.