By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ZombiU-Did you get it? Opinions? Need help? Come talk about it!

What's your opinion on ZombiU?

I love it! 37 42.53%

It's good. 13 14.94%

Alright... 4 4.60%

Don't like it. 3 3.45%

It's terrible! 3 3.45%

Getting it later, not right now. 8 9.20%

See results 16 18.39%

Total:84

I just got it today! I did some Christmas shopping for my nephews and decided to get something for myself as well.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network
superchunk said:
UncleScrooge said:
I am interested in this game but I'm just not sure... I love horror games (huge Resident Evil fan here - especially the "true" survival horror ones), it's just that some reviews turned me off. Is it true that you play through half the game with a wooden stick because there's no ammo? Is it fun to play for a long time or does it get boring after some hours? And how much fun is it to play in a group? (Not just multiplayer - watching someone else play, etc.)

Ubisoft should put a demo of this one on the eShop

Demo will be out next week I believe. I think I just read that on GAF today.

I think a Rayman demo is coming out next week as well. Will be a good week!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If ZombiU is not a repeat of the disappointment a lot of us felt with Red Steel

Then is it safe to say the Wii U will not be disappointing in the long term either?

I think launch wise I am very happy. The Gamepad is awesome, I love being able to type on it, draw on it, use it for reading, getting audio from it, the weight and comfort of the thing, sticks, triggers, buttons, all of it. MiiVerse is exactly what gamers have needed in terms of a social network for ages and the enhanced Twitter model is the right choice. Online gaming has been working very well in CoD Black Ops 2. The other games need more players. The unique games like ZombiU, Nintendo Land, and New Super Mario Bros U... and the enhanced ports of Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge and Trine 2 more than make the system worth purchase to me.

Near future has

Lego City Undercover
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Pikmin 3
Game & Wario
Rayman Legends
Aliens - Colonial Marrines (who in right mind would choose anything other than Wii U for this game?)

Past that is unknown

cusman said:

If ZombiU is not a repeat of the disappointment a lot of us felt with Red Steel

Then is it safe to say the Wii U will not be disappointing in the long term either?

I think launch wise I am very happy. The Gamepad is awesome, I love being able to type on it, draw on it, use it for reading, getting audio from it, the weight and comfort of the thing, sticks, triggers, buttons, all of it. MiiVerse is exactly what gamers have needed in terms of a social network for ages and the enhanced Twitter model is the right choice. Online gaming has been working very well in CoD Black Ops 2. The other games need more players. The unique games like ZombiU, Nintendo Land, and New Super Mario Bros U... and the enhanced ports of Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge and Trine 2 more than make the system worth purchase to me.

Near future has

Lego City Undercover
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Pikmin 3
Game & Wario
Rayman Legends
Aliens - Colonial Marrines (who in right mind would choose anything other than Wii U for this game?)

Past that is unknown

I must say that's a fair analysis. The next 6 months or so should be pretty good with those games you mentioned as well, so hopefully ZombiU is just the beginning...

...but what a great way to start!

UncleScrooge said:
I am interested in this game but I'm just not sure... I love horror games (huge Resident Evil fan here - especially the "true" survival horror ones), it's just that some reviews turned me off. Is it true that you play through half the game with a wooden stick because there's no ammo? Is it fun to play for a long time or does it get boring after some hours? And how much fun is it to play in a group? (Not just multiplayer - watching someone else play, etc.)

its exactly like and old school RE theres plenty of ammo, actually theres too much for my taste!!!
You will like it, its really fun to watch too

Around the Network

Thanks for all the replies people

I'm gonna give the demo a try then, next week. Sounds like a game I could enjoy.

Well glad to see people talking about it now :)

JayWood2010 said:
Well glad to see people talking about it now :)

As am I! I like to put up some stuff on Miiverse from time to time but it'd be nice to have an actual community here as well...

Yes, I got this game and right now I'm in St. George's Church... This game is infuriating in a good way.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

DieAppleDie said:

UncleScrooge said:

its exactly like and old school RE theres plenty of ammo, actually theres too much for my taste!!!
You will like it, its really fun to watch too

The wooden cricket bat is your get out of a jam tool, not really intended or needed as the main weapon. The thing is you have to scavenge successfully to find other resources you will need and don't waste them.

In every bit of the game I played the only good time to use the cricket bat is with lone zombie that surprise attacks you. All other causes you would use other weapons or environment to mazimize effectiveness of your weapons.

For instance, lure zombies near a red barrel then explode that concusming overall less weapons than you would other wise.