By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most underrated game of 2012.

What is in you opinion the most underrated game of 2012?

IMO, with no hesitation it's Kid Icarus: Uprising. I thought that game is awsome! And by awsome I mean AWSOME! I even consider that game to be my Game of the Year all categories combined. The gameplay is fun, the story is good, it is super funny and refreshing, great voice acting and awsome soundtrack. Yet, VGA has'nt nominated it for Handheld game of the year. IGN has'nt nominated it for 3DS GoTy or 3DS sound (lol?). Game Informer did'nt even put it in their top 50games of the year.

It seems that almost every gamer who played it fell in love with the game but the media is riddiculously hating on it. It is completly ignored from all GoTy lists and this is really starting to anger me. This game deserves more credit.

What about you? Agree or disagree with my pick? Perhaps you fell in love with a game that everyone seems to be hating on? Or perhaps you have played a small unknown game that no one heard about that deserves more recognition? Let me know! :)

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
Metrium said:

What is in you opinion the most underrated game of 2012?

IMO, with no hesitation it's Kid Icarus: Uprising. I thought that game is awsome! And by awsome I mean AWSOME! I even consider that game to be my Game of the Year all categories combined. The gameplay is fun, the story is good, it is super funny and refreshing, great voice acting and awsome soundtrack. Yet, VGA has'nt nominated it for Handheld game of the year. IGN has'nt nominated it for 3DS GoTy or 3DS sound (lol?). Game Informer did'nt even put it in their top 50games of the year.

It seems that almost every gamer who played it fell in love with the game but the media is riddiculously hating on it. It is completly ignored from all GoTy lists and this is really starting to anger me. This game deserves more credit.

What about you? Agree or disagree with my pick? Perhaps you fell in love with a game that everyone seems to be hating on? Or perhaps you have played a small unknown game that no one heard about that deserves more recognition? Let me know! :)

Completely agree. Its amazing, my GOTY. In fact one of my faves of all time!

I'd say it is Halo 4.

I had more fun with Lollipop Chainsaw than any grown man should have. XBL game Deadlight was much better than many reviews let on, too.

Final Fantasy XIII-2.

It's also the ONLY game of 2012 I have played (exclusive HD remasters), and I do feel that it's Metacritic score is a little bit low.

Around the Network

Pixeljunk 4am, a unique experience. But it's not a game by standard definitions.
As a game Tokyo Jungle, very addictive, mostly snubbed for it's average looks.

Binary Domain

I'd agree with Kid Icarus Uprising

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It's Xenoblade every year.

But I'd probably say ZombiU. I don't see how anyone can give it 45%. If not then maybe Kid Icarus Uprising or Sleeping Dogs.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

As far as sells and reviews then Kid Icarus. If we are talking about Reviews then Halo 4 and Kid Icarus. If we say GoTY then I'd say Far Cry 3. Itll likely be nominated for GoTY next year though since it was late this year. I'm sorry but Vauss has had the best voice actor this gen, he deserves an award!