By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii-U Network Extremely Slow

I'm starting to get frustrated.

I decided to continue setting up today to get it ready for Christmas but now it keeps dropping wifi randomly all the time. The WiiU also froze trying to reboot. It said it's downloading (the new update I thought, no details) in the WiiU menu but the wifi connection keeps crapping out.
Last night worked better while sitting next to the router, but that's not where it's going to go. Now it sits in the living room next to the ps3 (with no wifi issues)

It turns out it already has the latest update, 2.1.0 U I was hoping that would fix the 10 sec delays in the menu, guess not. And "Download status: Downloading" just means its connected apparently, not downloading anything in particular.

Anyway packing it up for Christmas, get all the disappointments out of the way now and enjoy Nintendoland and Mario with the kids in 2.5 weeks. Mii plaza looks fun though, maybe that's what the downloading means, random images keep popping up. Nice bonus while the wifi stays connected.

Around the Network

DUH it's slow lol. Anyone expect anything else?

People complained about PSN being slow, and Sony knows how to do online. Did you think for a moment nintendo would EVER have a stable network. Come on now....

#pipedream

Huh? Ethernet cable? I thought Wii U didn't have an ethernet port...? :/

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

It has USB ports though. The Wii ethernet adapter works just fine on WiiU.

Chrizum said:
Cheebee said:

Ah.

Yes, well, or not, apparently!

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Chrizum said:
Cheebee said:

Ah.

Hah. Well, I'm sure it's just Nintendo's servers not being able to handle the traffic. I had to re-download every VC and WW game and most went pretty smooth thankfully. But at times the download speed was extremely low.

Chrizum said:
Cheebee said:
Chrizum said:
Cheebee said:

Ah.

Hah. Well, I'm sure it's just Nintendo's servers not being able to handle the traffic. I had to re-download every VC and WW game and most went pretty smooth thankfully. But at times the download speed was extremely low.

Yeah it's probably just Nintendo needing to work out the kinks on WiiU. My 3DS downloads are ususally really speedy, so I'm guessing they'll smooth it out over time.

Took me 1.5 hour to do the black ops update, it constantly disconnected me from the servers but still kept the progress (there wasnt any progress when the problem started). If anyone has problems doing game updates like black ops remove the gamepad from the charger for some odd reason this worked for me

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.

Maybe Nintendo Network wasn't ready for all the people yet

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

VetteDude said:
MDMAlliance said:
VetteDude said:
Chrizum said:
Well we're 45 minutes further and the progress bar has gone up a bit. But it's still as low as ~15% now even after 2 hours of downloading. My download speed is usually around 2MB/s so it can't be that. Nintendo has a problem with the network, there's just no denying for me.

You probably mean 2 Mb/s, which isn'that fast at all. It can't be 2 MB because internet speed isn't measured in bytes.

Oh, I wasn't paying attention to the capitalization.  It seems like this is about a difference in bits and bytes.  I don't really know about that stuff.

It's not a big deal at all! It's pretty much understood that internet speed is measured in Mb/s, so even if someone says MB/s, it's pretty understood. But because of the context of saying the speed was fast, it was confusing. 2 Megabytes/s, is 16 Megabits/s, which would be pretty good internet. But 2Mb/s is average DSL speed.

lol? most download programms I used measure in MByte/s - yes ISP buzz words are in Mbit, but people who frequently dl sth from the internet from my experience will always talk in MB/s