Forums - Gaming Discussion - What deserves GoTY on VGA

Game of The Year

Assassin's Creed 3 21 11.23%

Dishonored 22 11.76%

Mass Effect 3 45 24.06%

Journey 66 35.29%

The Walking Dead 33 17.65%

Total:187

With The VGA Awards around the corner what do you think deserves the Game of the year?

Assassin's Creed 3

Dishonored

Journey

Mass Effect 3

The Walking Dead

Personally I think Mass Effect 3.  I don't think any story could have got me more engaged with a story line than what bioware did with Mass Effect 3.  Not only do I think it deserves game of the year, but I think the Mass Effect series in a whole is one of the best new franchises this generation.  People may complain about the ending but I still don't think it was as bad as people say, just my opinion though.  So what does everybody else think and why?

Around the Network

Halo 4 should get GOTY and since it wasn't nominated I have no respect for the VGA's this year. Mass Effect 3 would be my second choice. No Halo 4 nomination is a crime that should be punishable by low ratings.

kain_kusanagi said:
Halo 4 should get GOTY and since it wasn't nominated I have no respect for the VGA's this year. Mass Effect 3 would be my second choice. No Halo 4 nomination is a crime that should be punishable by low ratings.

Oh trust me I agree, but Im sure it will win plenty of awards from other places or at least get nominated.  They could have done a better job with the nominations that is for sure.

Kingdoms of amalur: reckoning

Mass effect 3 in my opinion. People love to hate on Bioware since they got bought by EA, but the fact is ME3 is one amazing game, wether you had issues with the ending or not.
Walking dead and Journey shouldnt be in there. Isnt there a category for DLC game of the year?

Game of the year should be awarded to complete experiences, not 3 hours trek's as enjoyable as they may be. GOTY should be a complete game in all levels, and theres no doubt that only Assassins creed 3 and ME3 fit the bill here. Halo 4 should've been a nominee, unsure if it should win though. Sleeping Dogs should've been the other one in my opinion.

Kingdoms of Amalur would be an amusing nominee aswell, as it would tell EA in their face what retards they are.

In the current management EA is gonna bankrupt (thinking they can make lots of money from on day to the next, instead of building a relationship with the consumer). I just hope they dont take Bioware down with them.

Around the Network

there is no right answer to this but I think mass effect 3 by a country mile

Nem said:

Mass effect 3 in my opinion. People love to hate on Bioware since they got bought by EA, but the fact is ME3 is one amazing game, wether you had issues with the ending or not.
Walking dead and Journey shouldnt be in there. Isnt there a category for DLC game of the year?

Game of the year should be awarded to complete experiences, not 3 hours trek's as enjoyable as they may be. GOTY should be a complete game in all levels, and theres no doubt that only Assassins creed 3 and ME3 fit the bill here. Halo 4 should've been a nominee, unsure if it should win though. Sleeping Dogs should've been the other one in my opinion.

Kingdoms of Amalur would be an amusing nominee aswell, as it would tell EA in their face what retards they are.

In the current management EA is gonna bankrupt (thinking they can make lots of money from on day to the next, instead of building a relationship with the consumer). I just hope they dont take Bioware down with them.

Honestly I say replace Jorney and The Walking Dead with Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3.  Take your picks. Remember we are on vgchartz though so I guarantee that Jouney will either win in the polls or come close.

But yes Journey is not as complete as the rest on this list and shouldnt be on this list.  The Walking Dead is good but I hardly see it comparing to the rest of these games.

JayWood2010 said:
Nem said:

Honestly I say replace Jorney and The Walking Dead with Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3.  Take your picks. 

But yes Journey is not as complete as the rest on this list and shouldnt be on this list.  The Walking Dead is good but I hardly see it comparing to the rest of these games.

I disagree, to me Walking Dead and Journey are the two best options on there.  They're games that really surprised me in different ways and that I'll remember from this year more so than even ME3 and Dishonored (haven't played AC3).  If amazing and memorable experiences don't deserve a nod for goty I don't know what does.  

Torillian said:
JayWood2010 said:
Nem said:

Honestly I say replace Jorney and The Walking Dead with Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3.  Take your picks. 

I disagree, to me Walking Dead and Journey are the two best options on there.  They're games that really surprised me in different ways and that I'll remember from this year more so than even ME3 and Dishonored (haven't played AC3).  If amazing and memorable experiences don't deserve a nod for goty I don't know what does.  

I'm not on here to argue what deserved to be nominated but I as well as many others will disagree. This has been the most conroversial nominations on VGA that I can think of.

I haven't played any of those games. But based on their demos, I would have to say The Walking Dead.