By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Would a PC like this be able to run the latest games for awhile?

Good enough?

You don't need that much (specify please) 3 27.27%

Looks about right 3 27.27%

Should be good for now, b... 1 9.09%

Not powerful enough 4 36.36%

Total:11

I've been looking to build a gaming PC for awhile but with Rome 2 coming out next year I felt like it was time to upgrade.  I haven't really been into this since I needed to upgrade for Half-Life 2.  Now I want one that's at least a little future proof and I'm not going for anything other than the highest settings on games.  Also is the SSD really needed?  Are the benefits worth the cost?  You can customize it and post a link if it needs changing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390508777048

NOTE:  This is NOT what I'm going to spend I was just asking if the SPECS were good enough for what I wanted.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
pezus said:
An SSD is one of the best things you can buy as it speeds up general tasks as well as loading in games, installing etc.

it's not necessary however. I love my SSD's, the main thing it does is speed up loading times, boot time. After that it's loaded in the RAM. In some games it reduces loading times tremendesously.  However if you like to smoke a bong while the loading screen is going, getting an ssd might be not ideal. :).

If you are on a limited budget and you want the PC for gaming then don't spend on the SSD (you can add that any time later when they are much cheaper), and spend the difference on the graphics card.
But it really depends on what your initial configuration ideea was.

That thing is way too overpriced. I nearly finished a PC with almost the same specs for roughly $500

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Isn't it a bit... uber expensive? US $3,139.00 is a lot.

And, maybe it's me that can't find it, but what GPU does it have? After all, that's the most important piece of hardware to play games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Does that PC even tell you what GPU it has?

edit: it's barebones, so it has no GPU. Unless people started using that term incorrectly. Which is possible. But it doesn't list GPU either way Don't get that.

Far faaar to much. $1000 PC will easily keep you on high end for a few years.

ishiki said:

edit: it's barebones, so it has no GPU. Unless people started using that term incorrectly. Which is possible. But it doesn't list GPU either way Don't get that.

Scroll down it's customizable. But for the default price it includes a GTX 680

cloud1161 said:
That thing is way too overpriced. I nearly finished a PC with almost the same specs for roughly $500

like ordering parts individually and assembling yourself, or did you get it all at once?  Honestly guys this is the first one I looked at and I'm not paying nearly that much just wanted to know on the specs.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Barozi said:
ishiki said:

Scroll down it's customizable. But for the default price it includes a GTX 680

Oh I see, It's got a bunch of useless things as standard. I don't think it's near as bad, once you fix screwy things. But if you don't want to assemble it yourself I guess it's okay. Until you customize it it has:

Hard Drive Cooler.
It's got a liquid cooler. Highly unecessary unless you're going to overclock it substantially, and its not overlclocked
56k modem
Wireless Thing. (Useless if you're going to plug in)
You can cut 272 dollars off by reducing it ram to 8 gb.
Blu-Ray drive I have. It's highly useless unless you want to spend or steal software.
Microsoft Office 2010. Openoffice is fine for casual use, unless you need office for work or school. If it's school you can get discount for half price