By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2012 NPD Thread - 360:1.26m, 630k<PS3<790k, 3DS:540k, Wii U:425k, Wii:420k, NDS:370k, PSV:>210k

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
postofficebuddy said:

And the reason MS never gives 360 SW in there quarterly reports is?

They never have.

Sony have adopted smoke and mirrors to hide the quarterly figures of their newer hardware.  Why?

So it's better because they never have done it?

well yeah. obviously.

I dont why they have never done it.  But can you explain why Sony suddenly changed?  Dont reply if its just tit for tat.  I am asking for your opinion on why Sony changed.  Debate is boring when a question is simply answered with a question.

I don't see why it's better. If their software shipments are high, why not show them? You started this argument with: "I dont understand how a public listed company gets away with such secrecy. Pretty ridiculous," basically owning your future self. Sony get away with it for the same reason MS do.

Ironic, isn't it?

what nonsense.  the hardware THEY make matters more than the shipments of a thrird party multiplat dont you think?

Sony gives hardware and software numbers, Ms gives hardware numbers, but its Sony that's hiding in secrecy. Oh, they didn't give us Kinect numbers this year, secrets?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
postofficebuddy said:

And the reason MS never gives 360 SW in there quarterly reports is?

They never have.de the quarterly figures of their newer hardware.  Why?

So it's better because

well yeah. obviously.

Ironic, isn't it?

what nonsense.  the hardware THEY make matters more than the shipments of a thrird party multiplat dont you think?

Sony gives hardware and software numbers, Ms gives hardware numbers, but its Sony that's hiding in secrecy. Oh, they didn't give us Kinect numbers this year, secrets?

oh they do?

how many Vita and PS3 were shipped last quarter?  I need it for one of my threads.

I know Sony has shipped over 70 million PS3, over 3 million vita, over 650 million PS3 games. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
pezus said:
Nsanity said:
Sony had no problem giving us Black Friday, numbers so why not this months NPD?

They had no problem last year either. Sony haven't revealed monthly sales for months on end, so why now?

Edit: And here's another question. Why didn't MS give us their marketshare? They had no problem doing it for the last dozen months or so, so why not this month?

They did say the total retail spend on the 360 in November reached $1.2 billion which was also the most for any console in the US, besides people in this thread want raw numbers not guesstimates.

kowenicki said:

That's a no then.

OT

shocking how badly Sony exclusive 1st party software sells.

Naaaaaaa PS3 did over 700k and near 790k (more near 790)... The BF weeks is undertracked like everybody here noticed... ~50-70k undertracked.

OFF. Welcome back @kowen... I missed u... NPD is not NPD without u.

Shinobi-san said:

And even then i stil dont see where the number 700k comes from. Its a complete guess. Its not even calculated. Numbers could be 800k and sony would still be down YOY by 100k!

It's near 790k but less than 790k... 800k is already proved wrong by @sugarcream.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Tell me one time Sony give NPD numbers???

But BF Sony always give us numbers.

Microsoft just give  NPD number because everybody thinks NPD = World... so seem fine for Microsoft.

kowenicki said:

hmmm, that doesnt really help me.  Thanks anyway.

by the way. how do you know its more than 3m vita shipped?

Sorry but helps... Sony shipped 70 milllion PS3 at Nov 4th, 2012... that's raw number and you don't use because you don't want to use... that's the offical number you want.

kowenicki said:
Shinobi-san said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Tagged... I want to see if PS3 is really undertracked

That's a no then.

OT 

shocking how badly Sony exclusive 1st party software sells. 

We still dont know PS3 numbers...all we know is that its greater than 630k but less than last year.

So what makes you say that?

Common sense.

but you're right, until Sony act more like a business we wil never know.

I dont understand how a public listed company gets away with such secrecy. Pretty ridiculous. 

http://www.ps-analog.com/news/articles/digital-downloads-vs-retail-the-rise-of-digital-downloads

bottom graph. For every 100% of retail sales, there is >15% full game sales on psn, based on 2011 numbers, which is doubled over the year before.

There are a lot of psn sales we can't track.

pezus said:
Nsanity said:
pezus said:
Nsanity said:

They had no problem last year either. Sony haven't revealed monthly sales for months on end, so why now?

Edit: And here's another question. Why didn't MS give us their marketshare? They had no problem doing it for the last dozen months or so, so why not this month?

They did say the total retail spend on the 360 in November reached $1.2 billion which was also the most for any console in the US, besides people in this thread want raw numbers not guesstimates.

That is not marketshare. Where's the "over 40% of the console marketshare for the Xth month in a row"?

Honestly I do not think they did it because of the Wii U release.

Farsala said:
pezus said:
Nsanity said:
pezus said:
Nsanity said:

That is not marketshare. Where's the "over 40% of the console marketshare for the Xth month in a row"?

Honestly I do not think they did it because of the Wii U release.

Could have still easily spun it and not include the Wii U by stating over 40% of this gens units.