By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii shortage situation (UK)

^it's tough to find a Wii after Christmas too cause much of the Jan supply has been sold already

Around the Network
ferret1603 said:
Gadget Asia and Play Asia both have US and Jap Wiis, Videogame Central has US Wiis, and there's always eBay. I got mine at less than RRP on there.

It's never been hard to find a Wii if you're willing to pay $200+ over retail price, which is what the mentioned sites are charging for US Wiis. 

When I can walk into a store and expect to find a Wii, then I will consider the shortage OVER.. until 2014 I may wait....

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

i work at toys r us (uk) and a delivery of 60+ still sells out within 12 hours post christmas, the situations the same everywhere round here, the only places who have wii's in stock are the stores charging 300 quid for the console on it's own and they still sell out in a couple of days. on the other hand we sell 4 ps3's a week and have 50+ sitting in our store rooms from a pre november delivery.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

I have gone to Bestbuy and Target since November and I have never seen a Wii in stock.

Around the Network

I imagine many people do just walk into HMV and expext to find one. I wouldn't call them stupid.

Most people don't pay attention to gaming media so they just wouldn't know about the shortages, most people are casual gamers, especially with the Wii.

Christmas is over so people don't expect it to be sold out. Other consoles, even other products, don't stay pretty much sold out after over a year so why would they expect it from the Wii?

I am one of those that like to shop in shops & it's not only Wii consoles that are hard to get in my town, in the UK there, have been 0 copy's of links crossbow training since the launch week. Lego Star wars & Galaxy have only just come back in to stock as well.

Shambolic said:
Most people don't pay attention to gaming media so they just wouldn't know about the shortages, most people are casual gamers, especially with the Wii.
 They wouldn't have to read the gaming press to be aware of shortages. The mainstream newspapers have been full of stories about how hard they are to come by. That's where most of them found out about the Wii in the first place. A 60+ year old neighbour was talking to me about getting a Wii for his wife and he knew all about the supply issues and was doing what a newspaper article had suggested - ordering one from amazon.de.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
ferret1603 said:
Gadget Asia and Play Asia both have US and Jap Wiis, Videogame Central has US Wiis, and there's always eBay. I got mine at less than RRP on there.

yeah but most people prefer brick and mortar shops, and it harder to find there

In the UK it's getting to the point where only the very rich, very impatient and very stupid can shop in "real" shops. They're just so much more expensive, literally double the price on many electrical and entertainment items. I'd prefer to shop in real shops too but it's a luxury I can't afford.

In australia the wii is sold out and wont be restocked until febuary. The wiis that have been sent down under(mid january) sellout in 20 mins or so