By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii shortage situation (UK)

I'm struggling to understand why people are finding it difficult to get hold of a Wii. I and everyone I know who's wanted one have been able to pick one up with ease. Everytime I look at www.wii-consoles.co.uk there are stores which have them in stock. So why are people finding it so difficult? Are they just being stupid and expecting to pick one up in the first HMV they walk into?

Around the Network

I thought it was only in the US (not the UK) that the wii is still hard to find. (Although some localized shortages from the holidays that should be pretty much over for places besides the US...)

Anyways, it's definitely still hard to get one here, and I still know some people who have been wanting and can not find one for some time, but most who really want it have one now...

It is impossible to find in the US.

^yupp finding a wii in the US is like finding a 20 dollar bill on the ground

I hear UK is the hardest place to find one besides US... Japan is not easy either...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
^yupp finding a wii in the US is like finding a 20 dollar bill on the ground

good analogy. I hardly ever find $20 bill on the ground.

^Thanks - I have never but fortunately, I have a wii:)

Gadget Asia and Play Asia both have US and Jap Wiis, Videogame Central has US Wiis, and there's always eBay. I got mine at less than RRP on there.

I haven't been out shopping recently but I shall check some stores tomorrow

It was definately tough before Christmas... third after Canada and USA.

ferret1603 said:
Gadget Asia and Play Asia both have US and Jap Wiis, Videogame Central has US Wiis, and there's always eBay. I got mine at less than RRP on there.

yeah but most people prefer brick and mortar shops, and it harder to find there

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)