By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario 3D Land reaches 7 million; becomes the 3rd best selling 3D Mario game

DanneSandin said:
I foresee a new Mario-franchise being born...

If Nintendo knows what's good for them, they would make a sequel. Mario 3D World, or something like that.

The game is just great. It proves that glasses-free 3D isn't just a flashy gimmick. And it provides an entirely new Mario hook: a 3D Mario that plays like a 2D one.

But is there enough staff at Nintendo to produce a sequel, or will they be too busy on the Wii U Mario games?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
I foresee a new Mario-franchise being born...

If Nintendo knows what's good for them, they would make a sequel. Mario 3D World, or something like that.

The game is just great. It proves that glasses-free 3D isn't just a flashy gimmick. And it provides an entirely new Mario hook: a 3D Mario that plays like a 2D one.

But is there enough staff at Nintendo to produce a sequel, or will they be too busy on the Wii U Mario games?

They totally should! And probably will. And I like the name Mario 3D World :D But I think it'll take quite a while before they do though...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Best 3DS game hands down. Really surprised by this considering how much I loved the first NSMB, but 3D Land is probably one of the best mario games I've played, maybe only behind to Galaxy and SMW.