By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's report WiiU shortages here

Did you spot WiiUs on shelves?

Yes 92 50.27%

No 47 25.68%

I live on Pluto 44 24.04%

Total:183

Reporting from duty! I went to the 11th district of Paris to pick this and I checked various indies retailers. All of them had WiiU on shelves (some seemed to have ran out of deluxe though) so I think it is safe to say there is no shortage in the French capital. I'll check once more in bigger stores on Friday to be 100% sure.

Around the Network

sorry double post. I don't know how to delete...

Sold out in South Suburbs of Chicago. No white ones no Black ones. Target says as soon as they get them their gone.

Went shopping today. No WiiU's. Also no Wii's at Walmart, which I was surprised at. Not many DS's either. Quite a few 3DS's, XBox's, PS3's and a boatload of Vitas. This is in keeping with my experience since launch, which is that I periodically see WiiU's (white onlys so far) in stores but by my next visit they are gone. I think they are effectively selling as they come in. But this is to be expected, anyone who doesn't think there are enough Nintendo fanatics to buy 5 million WiiU's worldwide is crazy or uninformed. It's after that where it will get interesting. FYI, I'm in Canada.

Saw 1 black deluxe Wii U at Target yesterday in Sacramento, California. The Gamestop near my house has a sign that they're in stock now but didn't say if they were black or white, couldn't see any on the shelves, they keep them in the back I think.

Around the Network

New shipment of WiiU's hit Europe today (well at least the UK) so there was ample supply. However I did return later and about half had gone in a few hours, so that's a promising sign.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Roma said:
when I bought my WiiU they had only the premium pack and there were about 10 of them and they did not even have the games in yet so I had to go to another store to get NSMBU.

this was on Friday though and who knows maybe they had the basic pack but it had sold out already didn't ask. will check in the coming days though

tis from Swedens Elgiganten which has the cheapest price (3444kr) I found if anyone from Sweden was wondering!

Bloody hell, they had the Premium for 3444kr? Pre-ordered from Ginza since they were one of few stores that didn't add 500kr to the damn price when they saw the demand, and I guess a lot of people pre-ordered through them because I've yet to get my machine...

I was in the local Walmart this morning, they had 3 Wii U units in stock, this afternoon they were gone. This has happened several times, they will get 3-5 units, and a day or two later they are gone. The sad part is this Walmart hasn't put a Wii U kiosk in yet either.

Saturn Frankfurt only has the white ones available. Amazon Germany has the white one available.

No black WiiUs to be found.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

so I went to 4 different places, Media Markt had recently restocked with about 20 premium and 20 basic and the premium price has been razed from 3490 to 3790, Elgiganten had sold out all but one ZombiU pack as well as 4 or 5 basic WiiUs, BR leksaker did not have them at all and Game had sold out but the guy working there told me to come back tomorrow. I won't though since I have one

some online shops have sold out but damn some of them are expensive!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(