By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be The Number One Console This Gen With 115 Million Shipped. And You? (Sales > My Prediction Right Now)

Tagged games:

Mazty said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Mazty said:
92 mill - 100 mill tops. I think as of now, most people who want one, have one, and with the advent of the next-gen on the horizon, sales will only slow down.

Couldn't you have said that for the PS1, PS2 and PSP? It's a fallacious argument and one that I really can't understand still exists in light of the trends with every other Sony console.

There's nothing fallacious about it  - that word makes no sense in that context.

You are ignoring that this gen has been the most stretched out. 

It fits perfectly my friend:

fal·la·cy  

/ˈfaləsē/
Noun
  1. A mistaken belief, esp. one based on unsound argument.
  2. A failure in reasoning that renders an argument invalid.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I need to update this thread... I just will wait the NPD numbers this week

GribbleGrunger said:
Mazty said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Mazty said:
92 mill - 100 mill tops. I think as of now, most people who want one, have one, and with the advent of the next-gen on the horizon, sales will only slow down.

Couldn't you have said that for the PS1, PS2 and PSP? It's a fallacious argument and one that I really can't understand still exists in light of the trends with every other Sony console.

There's nothing fallacious about it  - that word makes no sense in that context.

fal·la·cy  

/ˈfaləsē/
Noun

So how is it a mistaken belief when we consider the PS3 has been out for the longest of any console gen in recent memory? Explain that one   -_-

Question, since when does selling the most consoles mean that they won a generation?

Sony may have to exit the console wars because of the ps3, in fact, if the ps4 doesn't make them a huge profit then their won't be a ps5, it's plane and simple. Regardless as to how many consoles the ps3 actually sells in it's lifetime, I wouldn't declare them the winners of this generation.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Mazty said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Mazty said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Mazty said:

fal·la·cy  

/ˈfaləsē/
Noun

So how is it a mistaken belief when we consider the PS3 has been out for the longest of any console gen in recent memory? Explain that one   -_-

Because I hear exactly the same argument every time a new console is released. It doesn't matter how long the console has been on the market. How many times do people have to hear 'this isn't a sprint it's a marathon' or 'we have a ten year lifecycle',  before people stop this silly 'everyone who wants one will already have one' argument?  The PS3 will continue to sell for at least another 4 years. Whether it hits the number suggested in this thread is another story.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Mazty said:

Because I hear exactly the same argument every time a new console is released. It doesn't matter how long the console has been on the market. How many times do people have to hear 'this isn't a sprint it's a marathon' or 'we have a ten year lifecycle',  before people stop this silly 'everyone who wants one will already have one' argument?  The PS3 will continue to sell for at least another 4 years. Whether it hits the number suggested in this thread is another story.

Lolwut. So you are saying the console market is unsaturable? That's rediculous. The Wii has proven making such a claim is ludicrous. When you actually want to talk about sales and buisness come back because at the moment your post has no logic behind it other than "IT WILL SELL CUZ I SAY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!
That brah, is a fallacy ;)

Really... and they wonder why? And they get sensitive. And they act aggressive. And they can't accept reality. And they want to seem discriminated in order to get everybody else looked upon. Really... I can't stand it anymore. They got to me. I have to resist... I can't.

Ex Graphics Whore.

well not owning stock in sony i could care less. i had tons of fun on all the systems, thats all that matters to me, im ready for the next generation, who cares who won? look to the future!

Plus i think this next gen coming up will be the biggest ever.

*initiate emphasis*

Worst prediction ever

Jay520 said:
*initiate emphasis*

Worst prediction ever

It is on track... just this quarter is a little off because VGC needs to update the numbers... PS3 is close to 3 million units on shelves.