By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe PS3 Will Be The Number One Console This Gen With 115 Million Shipped. And You? (Sales > My Prediction Right Now)

Tagged games:

92 mill - 100 mill tops. I think as of now, most people who want one, have one, and with the advent of the next-gen on the horizon, sales will only slow down.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Just looked at the chart. It will need a little over 30 million just to pass the Wii! That is including Wii numbers in 2-3 years. Then you want it to go up about 15 million more after that?

That's it PS3 will sell between 110 and 120 million lifetime.

This No.1 doesn't have the same meaning of being No.1 in PS/PS2 era. But if this makes you happy, that is fine.

Mazty said:
92 mill - 100 mill tops. I think as of now, most people who want one, have one, and with the advent of the next-gen on the horizon, sales will only slow down.

You're dead wrong there. I want a PS3 but it is too expensive and I live in Canada. I can imagine somebody living in Brazil or India.

bouzane said:
Mazty said:

You're dead wrong there. I want a PS3 but it is too expensive and I live in Canada. I can imagine somebody living in Brazil or India.

Dead wrong? You have to also include those whose want for a PS3 will be replaced by a nextgen console. Plus in most places it's really rather cheap. In the UK it's £150. That's less then almost all smart phones...

Around the Network
Mazty said:
bouzane said:
Mazty said:

Dead wrong? You have to also include those whose want for a PS3 will be replaced by a nextgen console. Plus in most places it's really rather cheap. In the UK it's £150. That's less then almost all smart phones...

£150 is an expensive toy for a lot of people living in the developed world, let alone developing nations. The exorbitant cost of smart phones doesn't factor into this discussion at all. A cutting edge smart phone that has many non-gaming functions versus an aging game console that does nothing right beyond Netflix and Blu-Rays. Again, I think you are drastically underestimating the impact further price cuts will have. I own dozens of PS3 games but I never bothered to replace my PS3 due to cost, I can imagine somebody living in Brazil who has yet to purchase any PS3 games.

bouzane said:
Mazty said:
bouzane said:
Mazty said:

£150 is an expensive toy for a lot of people living in the developed world, let alone developing nations. The exorbitant cost of smart phones doesn't factor into this discussion at all. A cutting edge smart phone that has many non-gaming functions versus an aging game console that does nothing right beyond Netflix and Blu-Rays. Again, I think you are drastically underestimating the impact further price cuts will have. I own dozens of PS3 games but I never bothered to replace my PS3 due to cost, I can imagine somebody living in Brazil who has yet to purchase any PS3 games.

Smart phones are the majority of phones and cost £250+ for the average ones. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea from that it is expensive - it's also a bluray player don't forget. 

" an aging game console that does nothing right beyond Netflix and Blu-Rays."

Oh. I see you're angle here. You don't really want a PS3 do you? 

Mazty said:
bouzane said:
Mazty said:
bouzane said:
Mazty said:

Smart phones are the majority of phones and cost £250+ for the average ones. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea from that it is expensive - it's also a bluray player don't forget. 

" an aging game console that does nothing right beyond Netflix and Blu-Rays."

Oh. I see you're angle here. You don't really want a PS3 do you? 

What's your problem? Seriously? Smart phones are portable devices that have plenty of multimedia functions including the ability to place calls, the most important of all. The PS3 is a dedicated gaming console that sits in the living room. It can also play Blu-Rays, a proprietary media format that has failed to overtake the DVD. How do you fail to understand that smartphones offer far more and as a result are seem by consumers as a more valuable product? Also, don't pretend to know me or understand my motivations, the PS3 was my main console until I got back into PC gaming and I would love an affordable PS3 with B/C. Without B/C, the PS3 simply isn't worth the asking price and I'm hardly alone on this matter. Finally, stop comparing dedicated gaming systems to smart phones. These products are not comparable, I cannot stress this enough.

bouzane said:
Mazty said:
bouzane said:
Mazty said:

You know 360 is significantly cheaper in Brazil because they actually manufacture 360s there. If any console benefits long term from that country, its 360.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

You know 360 is significantly cheaper in Brazil because they actually manufacture 360s there. If any console benefits long term from that country, its 360.

In 2012 360 just sold more than PS3 because that fact... now it's again PS3 time because the PS3 is actually manufacture with a 30% price drop (the drop will happen soon).