By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have an employee who sucks.

I operate a small restaurant that sells Shawarma (middle eastern meat sandwich). There is this guy on the service team who can't do anything right, always leaves a mess everywhere he works, can't do the essential work in the kitchen (can't cut meat, can't fold the sandwich, can't cut vegetables, etc.).

Anyway I fired him off last week because he sucks. Afterwards, he goes off into this blame spree where he calls me an idiot, calls his coworkers thieves, and calls himself the only righteous person in the bunch. He then went on to curse our restaurant, saying that he has prayed to god (or satan) that we will go out of business.

That's it. It's already Monday yet he's still bitching over and over again.

How do you deal with your dumb-ass employees?

Around the Network

I don't get it. If he's fired, he's not around to make troubles. Why does he still matter?

he still keeps coming and bothering me and the customers. he says he's not giving up.

Tell him he's right and that you hope he can forgive you. Then give him a "special" sandwich as a peace offering.

badgenome said:
Tell him he's right and that you hope he can forgive you. Then give him a "special" sandwich as a peace offering.

that just might work.... i'll call my dog.

Around the Network

well before i'd fire someone who can't do all the things you've listed, i'd make him a greeter.

now with him doing the latter stuff, you get a restraining order or security. and if need be call the same cops.

If he's interfering with your business then you have the right to ask him to leave. If he doesn't leave then you might have to get the law involved, have him barred from entering your establishment. Sounds drastic but it's something to keep in mind. Watch out for smashed windows and that kind of thing, however, as disgruntled employees can be very vindictive. Don't try to argue with him, just stay calm and tell him to go.

Luckily, I've only had one employee that I wanted to fire. She was lazy and kept getting "sick" when she was scheduled to work on Saturday or Monday mornings. Of course I'm the one who had to pick up the slack. It even got to the point where I told her that I didn't care if she was drunk, I would rather her call me the night before while she was out partying than wait until the next morning right before she was supposed to open. It was really annoying. I was close to my limit with her but she ended up leaving on her own, so that was good.

I'm pretty sure you can call the police if he keeps doing this.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

call the popo