By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis 3 PC requirements...or...are they?

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:

I certainly hope this isn't true. DX11 required? Doubt it.

Would not surprise me at all.   CPU specs are probably more of "Something around here is fine" for everything above "Required"

Around the Network

Think my PC would be close to the highest settings?

i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, ~2.8 GHz

GTX 660 Ti

6 GB's RAM

I'm mainly asking because I literally know nothing of how CPU's compare to other CPU's.

Also I'm thinking of getting more RAM.  It's best to have all your RAM the same speed correct?  I can I find out my RAM speed without taking it our of my computer?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

They don't seem that harsh actually. Good thing I have 8GB of RAM and a GeForce 660, but my CPU is a little lacking, a Conroe @3.0 Ghz.

I guess my i5-2500 CPU @ 3,30 GHz is enough? I have a Radeon HD 6800 series graphics card. Thats a bottleneck but I should be able to play the game. It hits all the requirements.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

_crazy_man_ said:

i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8CPU's), ~2.8 GHz

GTX 660 Ti

6 GB's RAM

I'm mainly asking because I literally know nothing of how CPU's compare to other CPU's.

Also I'm thinking of getting more RAM.  It's best to have all your RAM the same speed correct?  I can I find out my RAM speed without taking it our of my computer?

920 isn't 8 CPU's, it's 4 cores with hyperthreading. Though I think it appears in some programs as 8. You can check your ram speed in the bios... by hitting delete at the boot prompt and search around there. Technically you can get faster rated ram, and make them run slower. Or overclock the slower ram to the faster RAMS rated speed.

Something like CPU-z or even 3dmark011 I think will tell you as well.

If you want to be crazy, you can overclock that CPU quite far... I got it to 4GHZ stable on air.

On a different topic. I find the minimum requirements a bit strange, because it's going to have to be played on consoles. But the PS3 and 360 have around a 7800 GTX and doesn't do Direct X11. I can't see them not making the minimum requirements lower.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
_crazy_man_ said:

GTX 660 Ti

6 GB's RAM

920 isn't 8 CPU's, it's 4 cores with hyperthreading. Though I think it appears in some programs as 8. You can check your ram speed in the bios... by hitting delete at the boot prompt and search around there. Technically you can get faster rated ram, and make them run slower. Or overclock the slower ram to the faster RAMS rated speed.

If you want to be crazy, you can overclock that CPU quite far... I got it to 4GHZ stable on air.

On a different topic. I find the minimum requirements a bit strange, because it's going to have to be played on consoles. But the PS3 and 360 have around a 7800 GTX and doesn't do Direct X11. I can't see them not making the minimum requirements lower.

Yeah shows up as 8 on my PC, I deleted the 8 anyways.

But I am right about RAM working best if they are all the same speed right?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Them asking for an i7 is ridiculous. i5 is as far as it can go tbh.

_crazy_man_ said:
ishiki said:
_crazy_man_ said:

GTX 660 Ti

6 GB's RAM

Yeah shows up as 8 on my PC, I deleted the 8 anyways.

But I am right about RAM working best if they are all the same speed right?

Short answer It will/should run all sticks at the lowest rated stick speed. So no reason to buy a faster module.

Longer Answer: If you already have not matching ram it should work. You're computer will run the ram at the lowest common denominator. Say you have one ram stick with latency 4-4-4-16  @1600mhz. And another stick at 5-5-5-16 @ 1066mhz. 

Your computer will run both sticks at 5-5-5-16@1066. 

I doubt it would be DirectX 11 only. It seems to be able to scale rather well.

But who knows, if they get a deal to help sell Graphic's cards.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

i don't know, i mean, crysis 1 was maybe no financial success at release but i would think it is one now after all those years because people still buy crysis  because of this "legendary" status to be that game which killed almost every system in the past.

maybe they think it will work a second time, bring a game out which won't be playable by some people but sell it for years then lol (even if crysis 1 was maybe unplayable for more system as this would be)