By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2013 – PS Vita’s Last Hope

scottie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
scottie said:
This Vita doom is getting about as annoying as the 3DS doom was, but yes, I agree, if it hasn't saved itself by the end of 2013, it's never going to happen.

As for the whole "the end of the year has no Vita games", that is meaningless at this stage.

Where did I say the end of the year has no vita games?

"a gaping hole in the second half of the year."

Followed by: "It’s likely that we’ll receive announcements for those third and fourth quarter games up until and at E3, potentially adding some real firepower to the lackluster list."

Around the Network

I think Sony is taking an approach that allows them to make the Vita losses as small as possible, hoping that small moves on their part (like PS+) and the recent 3rd party games will convince more players to pick it up. They will cut the price when the costs of making a Vita drop to a level that allows them not to lose a lot of money. And it should also take place next to a big new release like the new Killzone or Soul Sacrifice, maybe at E3 if they turn out to have a lot to say about the Vita there (hopefully). I think the Vita can still be easily saved, it just needs a lot of work from Sony and a bit of good will from 3rd parties. I just hope that ACIII:L sells enough to convince Ubi to make a sequel. We should also get another CoD next year (a good one this time...) and I hope Atlus will show us some love, so the second part of next year shouldn't be that bad and I'm sure there will be some big titles announced in the next few months.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

All depends on a price cut and by how much. The games certainly aren't the answer.

Either the games are great but are too niche (Persona 4) or they are a broken promise of a console experience (Uncharted, AC:L and COD:D).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
All depends on a price cut and by how much. The games certainly aren't the answer.

Either the games are great but are too niche (Persona 4) or they are a broken promise of a console experience (Uncharted, AC:L and COD:D).

What are you talking about? Of course that the games are the answer! Price cut is important, but not nearly as much as games. Vita needs more big games with big titles. Just look at how has the ACIII:L and CoD release stirred up the sales of Vita recently. The sales in Europe alone are higher than WW sales prior to their release!

I wouldn't consider Uncharted and ACIII:L broken promises. They are both great games. Especially since Vita is still very young. Only CoD deserves that name. It is a dissapointment.

You know what... It's kinda ridiculous that you're trying to find drawbacks and flaws in games which will soon become some of the best selling 3rd party games on both Vita and 3DS. These are great games, they sell well and without a doubt will be profitable for their publishers. We need more games like these and there will be no more problems with Vita.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Andrespetmonkey said:
scottie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
scottie said:
This Vita doom is getting about as annoying as the 3DS doom was, but yes, I agree, if it hasn't saved itself by the end of 2013, it's never going to happen.

As for the whole "the end of the year has no Vita games", that is meaningless at this stage.

Followed by: "likely, potentially"

Around the Network

@Andrespetmonkey

I am sorry I misunderstood what you were saying, or I probably couldn't accept the reality of the statement. I doubt that I was the only one. The very notion of such a delay is patently absurd, because that is well past the point of no return for the platform. The Vita needs to reach a critical mass to be a self sustaining platform, and that has to be a reality long before next holiday season. If the Vita is tracking under ten million in sales prior to that holiday season. It will not matter how it does in that holiday season price cut or not.

The install base on the platform will have proven itself insufficient as far as third party developers are concerned, and they will have abandoned the product. You have to see it from their point of view. A manufacturer is given a grace period to generate a respectable install base, but that grace period has never been two years. I cannot think of a single gaming dedicated product that has been able to languish for two years. With very good reason. When a third party developer makes games for a platform. They can expect a adoption rate of twenty percent at best, but the most likely outcome is in the single digits.

Developers will see the platform as a money pit. Where they can never gain back more then they put in. Let alone get back more then they put in. So even if Sony played by your rules. The next year will show the developer pool to be nothing but a dry lake bed. Nobody outside of Sony would actually be developing games for the platform.

Anyway sorry for misunderstanding you, but you really gotta think this one through some more. I mean nobody is actually seriously floating that kind of delayed price cut, because it would in fact come far too late to salvage the platform.

scottie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
scottie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
scottie said:

Followed by: "likely, potentially"

You're just grasping at straws... obviously I can't just flat out say all this shit is coming, because it isn't officially. What is your fucking deal man? I'm obviously very confident and optimistic about the platform. I write 2 or 3 paragraphs discussing the potential games of the second half. I call the potential lineup "promising".

"among the Uncharted sequel and possible GTA Vita, we can expect to see a range of smaller downloadable titles (think Sound Shapes and Super Stardust Delta), more PS3 ports with cross-play functionality, and hopefully some exciting, groundbreaking new IPs in 2013′s fall and winter. Not bad, certainly better than 2012′s disappointing holiday season."

Focus your bullshit on someone else.

Scisca said:
sales2099 said:

What are you talking about? Of course that the games are the answer! Price cut is important, but not nearly as much as games. Vita needs more big games with big titles. Just look at how has the ACIII:L and CoD release stirred up the sales of Vita recently. The sales in Europe alone are higher than WW sales prior to their release!

I wouldn't consider Uncharted and ACIII:L broken promises. They are both great games. Especially since Vita is still very young. Only CoD deserves that name. It is a dissapointment.

You know what... It's kinda ridiculous that you're trying to find drawbacks and flaws in games which will soon become some of the best selling 3rd party games on both Vita and 3DS. These are great games, they sell well and without a doubt will be profitable for their publishers. We need more games like these and there will be no more problems with Vita.

Vita got a temporary price cut in Europe.......you proved my point.

So basically your trying to revive the delecious 2006 statement: Just Wait

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Scisca said:
sales2099 said:

Vita got a temporary price cut in Europe.......you proved my point.

So basically your trying to revive the delecious 2006 statement: Just Wait

Got it in June and July. Sales didn't move until these games showed up. Which proves my point.