By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2013 – PS Vita’s Last Hope

I don't see GTA Vita coming next year or even coming at all for that matter. Bioshock Vita was in the paper design stage but probably will be cancelled due to Vita's current sales. Serious support in the west for this handheld is probably over at this point so the only thing that will save it are some heavy hitters from Japan. Looking at the list that was posted I see nothing at all that would qualify as that. Vita might be rescued in Japan if they can get Monster Hunter and a few other big games but as far as North America and Europe are concerned the war is over.

Around the Network

is each vita sold at a profit or a loss,i thought it was a profit but can't rightly remember now

Above & Beyond

you forgot FF versus13...... It seems sbout the FF10HD, SE will let us wait for a long time, too.

By the way, this is my virgin reply in this place.

我是一名中国玩家。

I'm a Chinese player.

Legend11 said:

I don't see GTA Vita coming next year or even coming at all for that matter. Bioshock Vita was in the paper design stage but probably will be cancelled due to Vita's current sales. Serious support in the west for this handheld is probably over at this point so the only thing that will save it are some heavy hitters from Japan. Looking at the list that was posted I see nothing at all that would qualify as that. Vita might be rescued in Japan if they can get Monster Hunter and a few other big games but as far as North America and Europe are concerned the war is over.

not what the developer said. they said they will make bioshock vita after bioshock infinite comes out. square enix will be making a vita game because they said they wanted to make a final fantasy for it. rockstar games has been interested in making a vita game just not at the moment though because of gta v, gearbox software wants to put Borderlands 2 on the vita. a vita price cut will probably happen next year. if they put it at $199.99 it will sell. look at black friday, 160,000 units sold in NA alone. At $199.99, it will start to sell decently. Ubisoft is happy how much assassin creed liberation sold so they might make another vita game. EA will probably make a vita game. Sony just released the vita to early. developers was already working on games for the christmas season so they had no time to make a vita game. Probably more games from first party to go on the vita. idk about valve though. 

I swear this is ps3 all over again. i know its your opinion and you are entitled to it but you gotta understand that its to early to say that. if some or no west developers show any games for vita at E3 2013 than yes say "serious support in the west for this handheld is probably over at this point" until than it is too early 

zuvuyeay said:
is each vita sold at a profit or a loss,i thought it was a profit but can't rightly remember now

i believe the ps vita wifi model is break no loss and no gain and the ps vita wifi/3g is sold at a profit

Around the Network
Hawkeyejonjon said:
zuvuyeay said:

i believe the ps vita wifi model is break no loss and no gain and the ps vita wifi/3g is sold at a profit

uh oh,no profit then

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
zuvuyeay said:

uh oh,no profit then

no profit but no loss either. memory cards and games are profitable to them though. so it just needs 1 of them to make the wifi model profitable.

If They Cut the price to $199 with an 4 GB Memory card I will buy one next year. Make It happen Sony.

What the Vita needs is an exclusive Final Fantasy game like Crisis Core.

I really don't find any game for it in 2013 appealing. But I can't wait to play Persona 4 Golden!!

Getting it and a Vita for christmas! =)

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered.

You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.

Andrespetmonkey said:
scottie said:
This Vita doom is getting about as annoying as the 3DS doom was, but yes, I agree, if it hasn't saved itself by the end of 2013, it's never going to happen.

As for the whole "the end of the year has no Vita games", that is meaningless at this stage.

Where did I say the end of the year has no vita games?

"a gaping hole in the second half of the year."