By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony patents hybrid DualShock/Move controller

I actually came up with an idea of a move/dualshock hybrid a while back. I think this is genius, but i also think that Nintendo's tablets is pretty cool. I think these two controllers could really change things up. I mean that tablet gives developers an infinite amount of user inputs that rivals mouse and keyboard, so if sony makes a controller with multi-touch and officially supports it in the PC world then they might get a hit.

The dilemma im struggling with right now is which is better to ship out with. This Hybrid or a tablet controller, or a crazy Frankenstein monster mix of the two :P.....?

Around the Network

I was thinking that you could insert a regular move controller in between those two balls on the top and then you would have a good representation of the male genitalia.

lol nipple tassels.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

El_Machete said:
I actually came up with an idea of a move/dualshock hybrid a while back. I think this is genius, but i also think that Nintendo's tablets is pretty cool. I think these two controllers could really change things up. I mean that tablet gives developers an infinite amount of user inputs that rivals mouse and keyboard, so if sony makes a controller with multi-touch and officially supports it in the PC world then they might get a hit.

The dilemma im struggling with right now is which is better to ship out with. This Hybrid or a tablet controller, or a crazy Frankenstein monster mix of the two :P.....?

I think a lot of people has already thought of this idea.  it's just getting it to work is a different story.  Even in these photos it looks like those balls will be in the way of the shoulders.  no puns indended.

Of course this is ust a prototype, but I hope they can get it up and working.

so bad idea!!! go copy nintendo sony??

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Pretty good idea. Just remove the two balls up front.

thats what she said!! lol i know i sound like a 13 year old. i dont care

Soriku said:

Pretty good idea. Just remove the two balls up front.

Dude.  Don't say things like that.  I seriously flinched.

You know, thats what I was saying the Kinect needs. Two small cylinders with analog sticks at the top that strap to a players hand. That way you can have character/camera control with the sticks, but still be able to use their bodies/arms/hands for motion controls.

I think that would work better with Kinect though, since the PS Move relies on the giant light balls. That control looks way to silly

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

more than anything, the ps4 version of the psEye needs to be high resolution. the "AR" games for ps2/3/vita are just sooooooooo ugly with that low resolution camera.

but i've always like the idea of a split controller. there must be some reason no one has done it but i just think it would feel good.

JayWood2010 said:
El_Machete said:

I think a lot of people has already thought of this idea.  it's just getting it to work is a different story.  Even in these photos it looks like those balls will be in the way of the shoulders.  no puns indended.

Of course this is ust a prototype, but I hope they can get it up and working.

i lol'd.  :P