By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: Playstation 4 to be called "Omni" + lots of other details

lol I don't trust the rumor BUT you left out the most important part man

"Known first party games in development for Playstation Omni are: Next Gen Uncharted, Next Gen Siren, The Boydguard, Wipeout Omni, Bump In the Night, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo Prologue, Next Gen Media Molecule, Omni Fitness.

Ni-Oh is being completely remade from the ground up in Unreal Engine 4 exclusive for PlayStation Omni.

Square Enix is preparing to bring biofeedback zombie hunting game Judecca to the Omni at launch"

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

O_O

This seems like a well put together and logical rumor, but the glasses part seems crazy if true. I for one, think that if they came out with a feature like this and it wasn't part of EVERY console sold, then that is stupid. Any new feature or tool MUST be part of every console sold otherwise it will likely fail in the long run. Even Kinect, with its strong start, has fizzled and people generally don't care about it anymore due to lack of new content.

350 for the cheap and 450 for the premium Is a nice price point.

Lots of specifics there, and ones that can fast be disproven once we recieve any details. Unusual but not impossible. I like it.

superchunk said:
O_O

This seems like a well put together and logical rumor, but the glasses part seems crazy if true. I for one, think that if they came out with a feature like this and it wasn't part of EVERY console sold, then that is stupid. Any new feature or tool MUST be part of every console sold otherwise it will likely fail in the long run. Even Kinect, with its strong start, has fizzled and people generally don't care about it anymore due to lack of new content.

They probably want to, but they need to drive costs down for themselves and for customers.

There's also more rumours on nextbox, with power comparisons to Wii U/PS4. It was like 5-6x the Wii U, and 2-3x PS4... maybe some stuff there could be useful in your next gen threrad

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:

They probably want to, but they need to drive costs down for themselves and for customers.

There's also more rumours on nextbox, with power comparisons to Wii U/PS4. It was like 5-6x the Wii U, and 2-3x PS4... maybe some stuff there could be useful in your next gen threrad

I just added the glasses (only thing really new here to my thread) but which X360 thread you speak of?

superchunk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I just added the glasses (only thing really new here to my thread) but which X360 thread you speak of?

360 thread? 

"Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games."

this is wht i said they should do for PS1-2 backwards compatibility for PS3. sounds great, powerful, and BIG.
price is still a bit to high for me, but i'm likly to buy PS-Omni.

Heavy Hitter launch titles will be the key to selling the system, and sure The Last Of US will go well with Omni at launch.

Sony has had time to make a great launch lineup.

Andrespetmonkey said:
superchunk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

360 thread? 

You just mentioned more rumors on neXtBox.. sorry I typed 360, my bad.

I would really love the idea of an add-on so that we can have backwards compatibility with PS3.